Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2015

Poor sound quality with Spotify Connect

I have noticed sub-par sound quality from my Soundtouch 20 units when using Spotify Connect.

When I send the same Spotify audio via Bluetooth to the speakers, the sound quality is noticably richer and of higher quality.

Any ideas for how to improve the sound quality from Spotify Connect?

I have read that Spotify Connect only and always transmits at 320kbps and that this is the highest quality level that Spotify offers.  This leads me to believe that the Soundtouch unit is processing the audio stream in a poor manner which is degrading the sound quality.  My phone which sends via Bluetooth is not getting a better source stream. 

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Re: Poor sound quality with Spotify Connect

This is interesting- I just read about Spotify Connect and the entire premise of this "new app" is better quality and more rich music.  Apparently this is not the case?  

Have you found a solution to this yet?

Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2015

Spotify connect is great in general, because it takes your phone out of loop from having to stream to your speaker.  But on the Bose, I'm guessing it has been implemented poorly.  

I have two soundtouch 20 units, and have the same reduced sound quality issue on both.  

I'm curious if somebody else can confirm my feeling on this...  Would you mind testing it out on your unit - same song, via bluetooth and then via spotify connect?  Let me know which sounds better to you. 

Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

may you use equalizer at your phone settings or spotify app settings on bluetooth streaming device?

That could create a noticeable difference