SBuchtler
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Power for Bose SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier

Should the system be unplugged when not in use? I assumed no but since there isn't an on/off switch, is it okay to have running at all times? Will that cause the life of the device to deteriorate? 

Thanks,

Sean

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Power for Bose SoundTouch SA-5 Amplifier

Hey @SBuchtler,

I hope your SA-5 has served you well so far! In regards to power, there shouldn't be a problem keeping the system plugged in when not in use. It's purely down to your preference whether you'd find it easier to keep it plugged in, or to plug it in every time you want to use it. How long have you had it for so far, and how has it been for you? Let me know if you have any other questions I could help with.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SBuchtler
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

I love the system and the connectivity. It is super convenient. The reason I asked about the power is that I've only had it a couple of weeks and it seems that I have some connectivity issues. Sometimes, it just won't play. I end up unplugging it and then it works fine. I was just wondering if it was getting hot or something. I have it in an entertainment center with the rest of my boxes cable box/other receiver. It does have doors on it. Should it be moved?

Thanks,

Sean

SBuchtler
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

It doesn't feel hot btw...

Charlotte_G

@SBuchtier Glad you are enjoying using the system! It's a shame to hear you're experiencing some connectivity issues. At what times is this happening? Is this when you're trying to communicate with the amplifier via the SoundTouch app?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!