Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Presets and volume control not working

I am having bose wave soundtouch system-2012 model. After a recent update my volume control through soundtouch app is not working. Also the saved presets doesn't work through remote control.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Presets and volume control not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dr Kaushal kumar

Thank you for confirming this.

I'm sorry to hear rebooting has not worked for you.

I would recommend deleting the SoundTouch application and reinstalling it. 

Let me know how it was goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi Dr Kaushal kumar!

Welcome! Thank you for joining us in the community!

It certainly is strange that these couple of options don't seem to be working as before.

Are you able to control the volume at all? Is it just the volume control through the app that isn't working?

What happens when you do try and control the volume with the app? Do you get any error codes at all?

With the presets, are you able to play them from the app at all? 

When you try and start those with the remote, what does the display of the Wave show for you?

The first thing I would recommend doing to get your Wave back to its old self is a reboot of it and your router. To do this, what you will want to do is disconnect them both from power for 1 minute, then plug them back in and allow them to turn back on and reconnect. 

Once this is done give them a test and let me know how you get on!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

I rebooted the system but its not working. Volume control  works only from my remote but not the app and presets works only from the app. I have done factory reset many a times. Also airplay via ipad volume control is lost. 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dr Kaushal kumar

Thank you for confirming this.

I'm sorry to hear rebooting has not worked for you.

I would recommend deleting the SoundTouch application and reinstalling it. 

Let me know how it was goes!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Reinstallation of app is not helping. I think there is some issue with update of my bose wave soundtouch system as volume control through airplay is also not working.Although I had connected recently many a times my player with computer, but its not helping. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Kaushal,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like you may be experiencing networking difficulties, as all of the tasks that you're requesting from the speaker involve the internet to some capacity. While I appreciate you've previously factory reset the speaker, and reset the speaker with by power cycling, did you also power cycle your internet router? Should you continue to experience issues, can you tell us a little more about your home's network setup and the environment that you're in? If this is a networking issue, you may find it beneficial to reach out to support in your region directly for product assistance who can run through this with you in real-time. 

The more detail that you can provide, the better. Can you also tell us more about your experience with the remote and the app? What happens when you press a button on the remote - are there any messages displayed on the screen? Similarly, when using the app to adjust volume do you receive any messages, errors, or changes to the volume indicator? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

FRe: Presets and volume control not working

I had connected with different WiFi routers but without any help. Actually there is no any error messages. Just the volume does not respond either to soundtouch app or airplay. Whereas presets works with the app but not with the remote. I think some updates with the wave soundtouch player must have screwed up. Can you provide me the earlier wave soundtouch update software for the player. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Re: FRe: Presets and volume control not working

Finally after connecting wave soundtouch system with laptop and starting whole thing means from New fresh installation of soundtouch app and further auto updating the system worked this time. I have no answer how, but everything is working fine and top notch. Thanks for all those who helped me in solving the problem.