5finbar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Problem with Soundtouch 10

We operate soundtouch via Samsung tablet v5 using deezer to stream music.  Recently we've been unable to access the 'search' option to select artists, albums or tracks.  We now have a new problem - when we use soundtouch app we get the message cannot connect to Bose server.  We can however operate bose/deezer using laptop and phone.  Have tried all the usual removing/reinstalling apps, turning off router with no luck. This is so annoying as much more convenient for us to use tablet.

Any suggestions, is Bose still supported by Android5?  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Problem with Soundtouch 10

Hi 5finbar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Deezer from your tablet. The is most unusual as the App is supported from Andriod 4.4. I would recommend removing the Deezer account and re-adding it to the SoundTouch. To do this, click the three lines in the top left > settings> music services> Deezer> Your email address and remove. Carry out the same steps to add it back.

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

5finbar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hello Jessie

We tried that and it didn't work.  The problem is not with Deezer, as it works fine through laptop and phone and we can also stream direct from Deezee via tablet - it is just can't get Deezer/Bose to work via tablet.  However, now totally stuck as cannot access Soundtouch 10 at all using tablet, continually getting error message 'cannot connect to Bose server.'  What's going on??

Hello 5finbar, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues with Deezer, along with issues with the tablet no longer seeing the speaker. I'd love to investigate this further for you. One of the things that stands out is that some tablets do not carry a 5Ghz antenna which can have undesirable effects when used with a dual-band router operating on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. I did a search for "Samsung tablet v5" but was unable to find a specific model, can you please confirm the exact model to enable me to do a bit of research for you? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

5finbar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hello Jeff

The model is SM-T530 (Android version 5.0.2), just to reiterate the problem is not with Deezer as we can operate withouth problem using laptop and phone.  However, it's always been our preference to use tablet as 'remote control' for Soundtouch 10.  Up to now we've not had any serious problem and this seemed to occur overnight; we were using the tablet then next morning problems started in that we get the message 'cannot connect to bose server.'

Any help appreciated.

Hi 5finbar, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I can confirm that your tablet does support 5Ghz meaning that this shouldn't be an issue. 

Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the application on the tablet as well as resetting the tablet? 

Please update me on the result of this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

5finbar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi Hector

We have uninstalled/reinstalled apps/rebooted router several times but this has not worked.  Little reluctant to reset tablet -assume you mean to factory settings - as there seem to be dire warnings about consequences of doing this and we don't want to add to our problems. Looks as if we'll have to phone bose helpline again, no one has been able to help so far, so not impressed with support.

Thanks for your suggestions