wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Problems with updating the Bose Sound Touch app, using the app.

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name  Bose Sound Touch 10 speaker and app

Country  USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Sound Touch 10 speaker and Bose Sound Touch app on an iMac computer

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Whenever I open the app to play music it says that I need to update the software.  I do so, but when it is done installing the update the app quickly closes and I have to start over.  I used to click on the button to skip the software update in order to use the app, which then functioned normally.  However, now the update screen does not let me do that.  The only option is to update the software, otherwise I can't use the app.  But as soon as the app is updated it closes itself.  When I re-open it I get the same screen telling me to update the software, and the same thing happens.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)  My home.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?  

In the last few days.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have tried multiple times to use the app with the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_G

Re: Problems with updating the Bose Sound Touch app, using the app.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Wbauer, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch app. 
From what you have described it sounds like the SoundTouch app has been caught in a loop and will constantly show an update message.

This can be fixed by simply removing the app and installing it again to get the latest version. 
I recommend that you fully uninstall the SoundTouch app from your iMac and reinstall the app from this link here.

If you need any assistance with uninstalling the app, Please do let me know and I will happily assist you. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Liam_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Wbauer, thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch app. 
From what you have described it sounds like the SoundTouch app has been caught in a loop and will constantly show an update message.

This can be fixed by simply removing the app and installing it again to get the latest version. 
I recommend that you fully uninstall the SoundTouch app from your iMac and reinstall the app from this link here.

If you need any assistance with uninstalling the app, Please do let me know and I will happily assist you. 

Looking forward to hear from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Thanks for the response and info.  I would appreciate you telling me exactly what I need to know to uninstall the app before I install the updated app as you suggest.  Thanks.

Liam_G

No problem, I'll be happy to help you. 

You can uninstall the Soundtouch App via the following steps:

1. Open your Finder app on your iMac and locate the applications tab on the left hand side of the Finder window.
  2. Search for the SoundTouch folder and double click it to open. 
  3. Locate the Uninstall program and run it
  4. Follow the steps from the uninstall window to successfully remove Soundtouch app.

Once the app has been uninstalled, use the link from the above post to install SoundTouch again. 

Please also bear in mind that upon installing the SoundTouch app, you may be required to log back into your account, be sure to have your login credentials noted down before uninstalling the app.

If you have any issues, please do let me know.

wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

The uninstall app seems to do nothing.  When I clicked on it the only thing that happened is that an icon appeared in the dock for it, but nothing else.  I have tried numerous times to open the uninstall app but nothing happens.  Please advise, thanks.

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

It sounds as though you are not in the correct place. When you open the SoundTouch folder in 'Finder', you will have a couple of options. One of them will be the launcher for the app and the other will be the uninstall options. 

Let me know how you get on! 

wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Thanks for the response.  I am sure I am in the right place.  I found the Sound Touch app folder in the Finder app under applications.  When I open the folder there are several things listed, one labeled "uninstall."  When I click on that one, or double click it the only thing that happens is an icon appears in the dock (yellow box with green arrow on it), but I can't get the uninstall to open or run or do anything else.

Jessie_O

Thanks for clarifying!

Do you mind adding a screenshot so I have a better idea of where you are so I can advise accordingly? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

wbauer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

wbauer_0-1620690327114.png

Here is the screenshot that shows the Finder window and the uninstall program that I am trying to run in order to delete the Sound Touch app, so I can download the current app.  Let me know if this helps you figure out what my problem is.  Many thanks.

Jessie_O

Thank you for sending that over!

Can you tell me which version of the operating system you are running on your Mac?

I believe you may need to change some settings to allow the app to be uninstalled. This is a new security measure with third-party applications on Mac. 

I look forward to hearing from you!