tbarry27
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Putting Soundtouch 300 in Wifi Setup with Universal Remote Control

I have a SoundTouch 300 and my dog ate the original remote control.  I have been using the Bose Universal Remote control for a while now without issue.  I normally have my Soundtouch using an ethernet cable for internet, but right now that is not available.  Is there a way to put the Soundtouch 300 into wifi setup mode using the Universal Remote control?  There isn't a SoundTouch button on it and when you hit the number 9 the light it is on just flashes once and then does nothing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Putting Soundtouch 300 in Wifi Setup with Universal Remote Control

Author Accepted Answer selected by tbarry27

Replacement remotes can be purchased by contacting local support here

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Hello Tbarry27, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

I would love to help, you will need the original SoundTouch remote to put the system into set up mode. To enter Setup mode.

1. Power on your product
  2. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  3. Press and hold the 9 button until all the lights on the soundbar flash. The Wi-Fi light soundbar continues to glow solid amber while in Setup mode
  4. For next steps, refer to the Bose app or instructions that asked you to enter Setup mode.

We can use the alternative method to connect to WiFi without the remote. You can use this method to set up your system by first joining its own built-in Wi-Fi network and then connecting to your home Wi-Fi network.

• On the top of the speaker, simultaneously touch and hold the Aux and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds until the light bar on the front of the speaker pulses and then glows amber
  • On your computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to your Bose product’s network, which is typically your product name (i.e. Bose Home Speaker network)
  • Open a web browser, type 192.0.2.1 in the address bar and tap go/enter to open your product’s Wi-Fi setup page
  • Select your Wi-Fi network from the drop-down list and enter its password. (Note: If you can't see your network, select Manually Enter Wi-Fi and enter your network name, security type and password)
  • Click Submit and wait while your product connects to the selected network
  • Once connected, reconnect your computer or mobile device to your normal network
  • Open the Bose Music app and add your product to your account. (Note: If you can't see your product, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner and then tap the + icon to add a product)

I hope this helps. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
tbarry27
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I do not have the original remote because my dog ate it years ago.  As for the alternative method, there are no buttons on top of the soundtouch soundbar 300.  Is there a way to get a replacement of the original remote? 

Thanks,
Tom 

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by tbarry27

Replacement remotes can be purchased by contacting local support here

Thanks!

View solution in original post

tbarry27
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Rather than just sending a link to the main Bose Support page, you may want to think about giving more details about what to do.  There was no where to order the original remote.  I did a chat with support which took 20 minutes for them to figure out which remote I needed, then said payment had to be by check or I could call in.  I called and they said payment was by check until I pushed to pay by credit card.  Would have been helpful to say to just call in to support and to give me the product I needed to order.