Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Radio Stream lost after advertising

I am using SoundTouch 10 and 20 speakers with Radioplayer. After radioplayer plays an ad the station does not seem to come back and on SoundTouch 10 the yellow LED goes on. If I press the preset of the station the stream continues. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Radio Stream lost after advertising

Hello Guidow, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with radio playback on your SoundTouch speakers. 

Can you please confirm for me:

- What radio station are you trying to listen to? 

- Does this happen with other stations? 

- Does this only occur on the SoundTouch 10? Is everything fine on the 20? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hello Jeff

it happens on the Soundtouch 10 and 20. The radio station is named LuLuLoft on Radioplayer.

It also happened with Milano Lounge on TuneIn.

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I would recommend removing your radio player account and then re-adding it. You can do this by heading to the settings menu. Selecting music services > Radioplayer > edited > remove. 

Let me know if this improves your situation. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hello, unfortunately removing and reinstalling didn’t help. I also checked that WiFi signal is always good. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the update Guidow!

What I would recommend doing next is removing the speakers from your SoundTouch account, then re-adding them. To do this what you will want to do is open the SoundTouch app and navigate to settings > speaker settings > [Speaker Name] > remove speaker. You'll need to do this for both of your speakers, so the app is clear.

Next, you will want to reboot your router, by disconnecting it from power for at least 30 seconds, and once it is back online, and your speakers are connected you can re-add them to the SoundTouch app.

When you open the SoundTouch app, it will prompt you to add a speaker, as the speakers are both already connected to your network you will want to select the option for "speaker already connected to network" which will search on the network for your speakers so you can re-add them to the account without needing to re-add them to the network.

Once the speakers are re-added, test your radio stations and let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hello did a complete reinstall - no difference. Did some further investigation the Wi-Fi signal is good we do have fiber cable in the house so that cannot be an issue. When it happens the app displays the “ready to play” screen. After selecting the station it continues to play. As I mentioned earlier it also happens with TuneIn stations. 
Is there a log file that we can read and check?

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming, Guidow. 

You mentioned you did a complete reinstall. Keith mentioned rebooting your router. Did you give this a try? I understand this may seem invasive when no other products in the house are experiencing network issues, but it can sometimes be the route cause of problems like this. 

With regard to system logs, I'd recommend liaising with a support agent by phone in your region to have this logged directly on your internal Bose account. Instructions for obtaining logs can be found here

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Hello Jeff - yes I did a reset of the router (actually the complete network) - sorry for not mentioning it.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Guidow, 

As you are still having this issue, I'd recommend getting in touch with us to send over logs! This can be done by following the contact information listed above by Jeff. 

Sorry that we couldn't resolve this for you via the Community.