Highlighted
NeueWelle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

RadioPlayer down for past several weeks

I was hoping this would sort itself out after a couple of weeks, but the issue persists, and so I must post… sigh…

A few months ago RadioPlayer was added as a service within SoundTouch for users in Canada, Britain and Germany (I'm in Canada), and for the supported stations it worked great, but it stopped working for me a few weeks ago. 

When I select the RadioPlayer service from the menu in the SoundTouch iOS app the RadioPlayer interface doesn't load, it just shows the SoundTouch "loading" animation. When I try to play one of my RadioPlayer presets it does nothing. I've also tried removing and adding the RadioPlayer service in the SoundTouch app to no avail. 

I would like to know if this is a known issue and whether anything can be done about it. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: RadioPlayer down for past several weeks

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello NueWelle, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use the RadioPlayer service with your SoundTouch System. 

We did have previous reports regarding of an issue affecting our SoundTouch users in the UK and Canada that causes Radioplayer to be inaccessible with the SoundTouch App. With these reports we have worked alongside RadioPlayer to look into this and have been informed that this has now been resolved and RadioPlayer can now function on the SoundTouch App. 

If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know. For the time being please consider using TuneIN, Bluetooth, or Custom URL Streaming as a workaround. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

4 REPLIES 4

Hello NeueWelle,

Thanks for posting!

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are having difficulty using the RadioPlayer service on the SoundTouch application. 

Adding and removing the service is a great step to take and it is unfortunate that the issue has not been resolved as a result. 

Are you having problems with any other services?

Could you please delete the SoundTouch app and re-install!

I'd also recommend resetting your router by removing power for 60 seconds and then reconnecting.

We are not currently aware of an issue with RadioPlayer but we'd love to hear from other users if they are experiencing the same problem!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

NeueWelle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Thank you for your reply. 

My other services (SiriusXM, Spotify, TuneIn) are functioning normally, this issue only seems to affect RadioPlayer. Neither uninstalling/reinstating the SoundTouch app on my device nor rebooting my router have solved the problem.

I have taken the extra step of downloading the RadioPlayer iOS app to my device just to make sure that the company is still a going concern and their service still works with Canadian radio stations (it does).

Any assistance in this matter would be most appreciated. 

Thanks again

Hello NueWelle,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center, and talk this through with them. They have the ability to look further into this issue and see if there is something happening that could be causing this issue.

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello NueWelle, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use the RadioPlayer service with your SoundTouch System. 

We did have previous reports regarding of an issue affecting our SoundTouch users in the UK and Canada that causes Radioplayer to be inaccessible with the SoundTouch App. With these reports we have worked alongside RadioPlayer to look into this and have been informed that this has now been resolved and RadioPlayer can now function on the SoundTouch App. 

If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know. For the time being please consider using TuneIN, Bluetooth, or Custom URL Streaming as a workaround. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M