Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

We are Bose family tradition user since 1982 and always being proud of the Bose equipment. I bought $2500 in Bose requirements just to find out that Soundbar,speaker and base doesn't match with HDMI ARC connections. Am really disappointed of Bose becasue all this people being having the same issues for the last three years and Bose haven't don't anything about it.

Bose product name: Smart Sound BAr

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

It doesn't recognized the devices.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

No Sound

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Right Away on Connection.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

All, Internet, research on line. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

@soundclear10 wrote:

Soundbar,speaker and base doesn't match with HDMI ARC connections. Am really disappointed of Bose becasue all this people being having the same issues for the last three years and Bose haven't don't anything about it.

Bose product name: Smart Sound BAr

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce It doesn't recognized the devices.

What environment do you experience the issue in? No Sound (noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Right Away on Connection.

Any troubleshooting steps you took All, Internet, research on line. 

The issue might not be the SoundTouch 300, but with the TV. Luckily, even if you cannot get the TV to work (and I would contact your TV manufacture to see if there is a way they could help), there are ways around this. I wrote a post mainly as a way to allow people to experience 5.1 if their TV only outputs 2.0, but the same solutions should apply.

I hope that this answer helps solve your issue 🙂