Highlighted
RNB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Re-broadcasting Hifi using the Aux input WLA

There was plenty of talk in 2017 that the Bose Wireless Link Adaptor would be upgraded to rebroadcast - but it is not clear whether this in fact happened?

I want to connect an old Sony HiFi system (HCD-A190) headphone socket into the Aux In of the WLA in order to re-broadcast music from the Hifi to soundtouch speakers using WiFI.  Is this possible??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Re-broadcasting Hifi using the Aux input WLA

Author Accepted Answer selected by RNB

Hello RNB,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community! 

That's an excellent question, I have looked into this for you and I can confirm that the firmware version v17.0.08 released on the 4th of December 2017 did add this functionality. As long as you are up to date on the most current firmware version for the Wireless Link adapter should be able to rebroadcast audio from your connected device via Bluetooth or Auxiliary input. 

You should be able to find your adapters firmware version in the Bose SoundTouch app under Settings> About> Speaker Details. The most current firmware is v22.0.3.

To update a system using the SoundTouch app:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon  in the upper left
  2. Choose Settings > Speaker Settings
  3. Choose UPDATE SOFTWARE or UPDATE ALL if more than one system needs to update 
    (Tip: If no updates are available, the UPDATE SOFTWARE button is not selectable)
  4. Wait for the update to complete, which can take up to 20 minutes per system depending on update size and network speed. Once updated, the system reboots.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by RNB

Hello RNB,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community! 

That's an excellent question, I have looked into this for you and I can confirm that the firmware version v17.0.08 released on the 4th of December 2017 did add this functionality. As long as you are up to date on the most current firmware version for the Wireless Link adapter should be able to rebroadcast audio from your connected device via Bluetooth or Auxiliary input. 

You should be able to find your adapters firmware version in the Bose SoundTouch app under Settings> About> Speaker Details. The most current firmware is v22.0.3.

To update a system using the SoundTouch app:

1. In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon  in the upper left
  2. Choose Settings > Speaker Settings
  3. Choose UPDATE SOFTWARE or UPDATE ALL if more than one system needs to update 
    (Tip: If no updates are available, the UPDATE SOFTWARE button is not selectable)
  4. Wait for the update to complete, which can take up to 20 minutes per system depending on update size and network speed. Once updated, the system reboots.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
RNB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

MANY THANKS zOE FOR YOUR CLEAR AND CONFIDENT ANSWER.  WE'LL GO AND BUY THE KIT!