Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Re-connecting Sountouch 20 problem

My Soundtouch 20 recently stopped playing anything except when being controlled via the Soundtouch App - Individual Controls & Speaker controls/presets did not work.  So I factory reset and have been trying to reconnect to my Soundtouch Account - The App finds the speaker, connects it to the wifi but when I try naming the speaker and press continue, it tells me  'Can't Connect@  something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your Soundtouch account.  Please try again later.  I have tried many times but it keeps happening  HELP please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Re-connecting Sountouch 20 problem

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cheesie

Hi Cheesie, 

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

To ensure we're providing you with the correct support, can you please confirm which SoundTouch 20 you own? There were 3 models of the system released. To find out, please visit this link and enter your product serial number. 

The reason I'm asking this is there are a few major differences between the models that can have an impact on how the product functions when associated with certain network types. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Liam_G

Hello Cheesie and thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundTouch 20 with the app. I will be happy to help out. 

From what you have described, the speaker is likely running on a lower software version and is unable to communicate correctly with the app. Which is why you were able to connect the speaker to the Wi-Fi but then you are greeted with the error message after naming the speaker. 

We can fix this though, your speaker just needs a manual update, once updated you will be able to go through the setup again without any issues. 
To go through the manual update, you can follow our step by step guide on the support website here.

If you have any further issues, please do let me know and I'll happily assist further.  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Hi Liam

Thanks, I have tried following the USB connection manual method and also the ip address method but both end up giving me the same message:

Hmmm... can't reach this page  203.0.113.1 too too long to respond  Try checking the connection (it's fine) Checking the proxy and firewall (I switched it off - made no difference).  Run Network diagnostics (gave me this message - Problems found  Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device detected or resource (203.0.113.1) is not responding.)

Help  . . . I am getting very confused!

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Liam  Also when I download the Update.stu, should it look like a bose icon, because the file just looks like a page of paper with the corner folded over.  Is this correct?

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

LIam  Sorry to keep adding things but Have just found  via the speaker that it is currently working on Version 26.01.46256.3990103  is this the latest version?  From what I can see on the interest it might be - therefore why am I having problems?

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cheesie

Hi Cheesie, 

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

To ensure we're providing you with the correct support, can you please confirm which SoundTouch 20 you own? There were 3 models of the system released. To find out, please visit this link and enter your product serial number. 

The reason I'm asking this is there are a few major differences between the models that can have an impact on how the product functions when associated with certain network types. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 😊

View solution in original post

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

I checked the serial number and it tells me it is Soundtouch 20 III sold from 2014-2020.

Thank for your help.

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Hi again  I have now managed to download and update speaker.  I tried to connect to Soundtouch App but the same error message appereared when I tried to name the speaker. 

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Just wanted to advise, have spoken to Bose Support, Speaker is up to date and appears to be faulty, sending to them for repairs.  Many thanks for all the advice to date, am sure your fixes would have worked is there wasn't a fault.  Thanks.