Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Revolve Soundlink Speaker will not charge or turn on. Customer Support was no help.

4 months ago I ordered the Bose Revolve Soundlink+ speaker. After a few weeks, it stopped charging and would not turn on, no matter how many different chargers, cubes, outlets etc I tried. 

I sent the product back to Bose for repair, and 6 weeks later when my speaker was sent back to me, the issue had not been resolved. I isolated the issue being with the speaker itself by charging with different power sources, different outlets, which all worked on different devices. I called Bose again to let them know of the issue and miscommunication. They said I could send it back and wait another 6 weeks to see if it works. I asked if I could be refunded for this faulty product, and was told no, nor could I have a new, working one sent to me. 

I'm very frustrated and disappointed with not only this product, but the company's support. I would expect a company selling such expensive products to back them with strong customer support and fair policies. I will not be purchasing more Bose products or recommending them. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Revolve Soundlink Speaker will not charge or turn on. Customer Support was no help.

Hello Audrey02139,

I am sorry but this is a peer-to-peer based support forum and we are unable to assist in customer service issues. If you need help with customer service, please give us a call. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.  

However, I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your Revolve speaker not charging nor turning on. I would suggest trying the following steps to try to fix your issue:

1. Check for and install any available product updates. Visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements.
  2. Try another USB charging cable. If another USB charging cable works properly when connected to the power supply, replace the USB cable.
  3. Perform a product reset. To do this unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power and then press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!