Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

SA 5 Amp w/ 251 Speakers = connectivity

Hi - I have a Soundtouch 520 system.  I purchased an SA 5 Amp to connect with my 251 external speakers.  I had replaced older speakers, therefore, they still have the old speaker wire.  Is there a wire adapter that will allow me to connect to the amp?

Thank you

Kim

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: SA 5 Amp w/ 251 Speakers = connectivity

Hello @kmullaney90

Thanks for your message. To ensure I'm giving the most accurate information, can you tell me a little more about your intended setup, and how you'll be using the systems together?

To connect the 251 speakers with the SA-5 amplifier, 18 gauge wiring is required. Please view from page 11 onward from the SA-5 owner's manual HERE for a guide with how to complete the connection process.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

Re: SA 5 Amp w/ 251 Speakers = connectivity

Hi - Now I understand the issues, the SA-5 did not come with the connector box.  Is this something I can order?

Thank you 

Kim

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

Re: SA 5 Amp w/ 251 Speakers = connectivity - Trying to get an answer

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey Kim,

Are you referring to the terminal block, that plugs directly into the SA-5 as noted on page 11 of the manual? If so - yes. Within the USA, the part number for Channel A / Top is 753326-0010

The Channel B / Bottom wire connector plug's part number is 753327-0010. I've included an image for reference to ensure we're discussing the same component. Please, let me know if this is not the case!

Both of these parts can be ordered by contacting Bose support in your region directly. Click HERE, select your location, and use the "Contact us" section at the bottom of the page. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

Perfect!!  Thank you!

Kim