Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

SA 5 switching speakers

I have multiple systems around the house but I want to buy a further SA5 for use in garden room and garden area. I know I can have 2 sets of speakers attached and will use this. But I want to be able to have each set of speakers on or off. Does anyone know a good switch option to use in UK ? Please note I don’t want to have a switch with A, B or A&B options.

also know I can buy 2 SA5 ! But would prefer not to ! Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: SA 5 switching speakers

Hi There @Jstoge

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, there is not a 'switch' from Bose. This includes both in the application and a physical switch. 

If anyone else in the Community has had any success with this setup, please chime in here. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: SA 5 switching speakers

I purchased 2 of these.

AudioSource AE100VC Impedance Matching Volume Control
by Bogie Enterprizes
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003H3C94W/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_TewVEbVYPEFA9

One for the A side and 1 for the B side of my speakers.  It controls the volume for each side individually so can turn the volume down on whatever side I do not want to hear.

Seemed like the easiest fix to allow both outputs to play if necessary, but at different volumes. 

Hope this helps.