Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

SA-5 won’t connect to HomeKit

Sa-5 won’t show up on HomeKit, neither will my SoundTouch LS 535.  My SoundTouch 300 sound bar works great with HomeKit. Other than powering on and off or resetting, there is not meant trouble shooting ideas out there.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: SA-5 won’t connect to HomeKit

Hey Jrange,

Thanks for your message. As the Lifestyle 535 does not support AirPlay 2, it is not compatible with HomeKit. However, the SA-5 should have some integration capabilities with HomeKit.

Firstly, are you able to select the SA-5 as a device when streaming from your iOS device? We have some helpful troubleshooting suggestions available on our support site HERE. Many times, issues can come down to the manner in which the home's network is configured. Do you have access to multiple networks within your home? Do you use any Wi-Fi extenders, boosters, repeaters?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

tried all that and still no dice.

Highlighted

Thanks for trying that and letting us know!

Are you able to see the SA-5 in the Airplay device list from any of your devices directly? If you were to open the Airplay device list on your iOS device, you should be able to see the SA-5 there if it is available. To access the Airplay device list follow the steps shown HERE.

If the SA-5 does not show up in this list, then I would recommend reaching out to your local support team for further assistance with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!