SOUNDTOUCH 20 WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI

Silent Starter

SOUNDTOUCH 20 WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI

Hi Guys 

I got an ST20 and for the life of me I cant find a way to connect it to the WIFI network 

- I have tried using the android app on my phone but it keeps looping with the please wait message with no result 

- I have tried resetting the ST20 several times

- I have tried Uninstalling the app and redownloading it several times 

- I have tried the aternate manual setup methods on the laptop using both links http://192.168.1.1 & http://192.0.2.1 and in both cases the page failed to load 

I would really apreciate any advise on how to solve this problem 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SOUNDTOUCH 20 WILL NOT CONNECT TO WIFI

Hi Darrat, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear this and appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far. 

Can you please confirm if you have made any changes to your wireless network that could have caused this? Have you also attempted to connect the SoundTouch 20 to the internet via another device? 

Please update the community on the result of this and if any other community members are also having this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago. It was driving me mad.

After much messing around and doing all the things that you describe above, I discovered that as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the app, you also need to clear the cach of the app, 'clear storage' and 'force stop' the app.

I'm pretty sure it was the Clear Storage that did the trick.

Try it - hopefully it will work for you too.

Silent Starter

Thanks for the advise 

unfortunately I have just tried that with no result 

Silent Starter

Thanks for the reply,

I think I should have clarified that the ST device is still new and I am still trying to set it up for the first time 

No I havent made any changes to the network and I have tried using other devices to connect but none have worked 

Thanks in advance 

Hi there @Darrat and thanks for following up!

I'm sorry to hear that the suggested troubleshooting has not resolved your issue here, and would be happy to look into this further for you!

Most units of the SoundTouch 20 will have an Ethernet jack on the back of these. If your unit does have this, please connect this via Ethernet, and then manually trigger an update for your system by pressing and holding "4" and "-Vol" for 5 seconds, until the countdown on the screen reaches 0.

Please leave the Ethernet cable connected until the updates have finished. When updated, you can remove the cable and add this again via Wi-Fi if you prefer to do so, or leave the ethernet cable connected and search for the product in the app again.

If your unit does not have an Ethernet port, can I confirm what Android phone you're using here, and what version of the Android OS this is running?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W