Highlighted
Bee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

ST300 no connection to surround speakers

Since the last update: 22.0.3 The Bose app suddenly lost connection to my 300, woofer and surround speakers.

I can connect the 300 by wifi 2,4 ghz or 5 ghz. I have sound through Spotify and my TV, so far so good.

However, i am not able to connect wireless to my subwoofer 700 and or surround speakers.

Im trying this now for about one full week. The only sollution to use my basswoofer is to connect by a jack cable. When pressing the ST+7 button the subwoofer gives a sound that it is connected, without the cable it does nothing.

On both the woofer and surround speakers the orange light is blinking when i try to connect wireless. Only the woofer turns white when it is connected by cable otherwise the light keep blinking orange.

I have done everthing: 

Resetting to factory defaults: ST+Teletekst button,

Of power, on power

Connecting by UTP cable, wifi 5 GHZ, 2,4 GHZ

Wifi analaysers, tuning my Asus RT-N66U router,

Connecting - disconnecting  a Asus RP-AC53 repeater

Greaten the distance between the woofer surrounds and 300 in every possible way (surronds even laying on top of the 300, 1, 5 10 meters away. Same for woofer)...

Nothing helps. Manually updating the 300 with the ST+CC button. Latest firmware is 22.0.3. Connected by 5GHZ, RSSI=GOOD

The dutch helpdesk is trying to help me but i am literly out of options.

Who has a golden tip?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: ST300 no connection to surround speakers

Hello Bee,

Thank you for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to reconnect your SoundTouch 300 to your wireless surround speakers and bass module.

I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the SoundTouch App as well as rebooting your device with this application attached. 

Is your SoundTouch App able to recognise your Bass Module and the Surround Speakers?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Bee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Thank you for the reply! I'm sorry to say that i forgot to write down i have allready deleted and re installed the app which did not lead to an solution.

When the woofer is connected by a jack cable and thus connected to the 300, within the app the option appears: "Speaker selection". Within that option i can choose wether i want to Woofer to be active or not.

Since the surround speakers cannot be connected by jack cable there is no connection between the 300 and the surround speakers. I cannot choose the volume of the surround speakers in the app.

Today i have tried again to pair the surround speakers but whatever i do...the amber light on the surrounds are blinking, the 300 is searching with its white connection light blinking but nothing happens. After a few minutes the white blinking connection light on the 300 stops and that is that. The amber light on the surrounds are still blinking (glowing). Does not matter if i disconnect the surround from power and re connect them.

Hi Bee, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry that the steps provided above did not resolve this for you. 

Can you please ensure that on both wireless receivers, there is an L/R switch to select which speaker is your left rear speaker and which is the right rear speaker. Be sure both receiver switches are not set to the same position. While facing your TV, the speaker on your left should be set to L and the speaker on your right should be set to R.

I would also recommend that you ensure that the power cord is firmly connected. 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Bee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Thanks for the reply, i just tested the surrounds again. The are on different channels: Left = left en Right = right. Both wifi wireless cases are firmly connected to the power. The amber lights on both receivers are blinking. whatever i do do, they will not connect to the 300.

I have disconnected the bass woofer again. Tried to connect wireless, same result as the surround speakers: amber blinking light, the 300 is searching with the white connection light blinking. The white light stops blinking after a few minutes and meanwhile the amber lights on the surrounds and woofer are still blinking.

The bass woofer is able to connect by cable: jack to jack which remedies the woofer problem. The surround however can't be connected by cable. I have bought them in 2017 for about 400 euro's. They are too expensive for being a visual gadget. Do not know what to do. I cannot sell them as i can't convince buyers they work. I am out of options.

Hello Bee, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Can I recommend you attempt to force a re-install of the firmware to ensure any potential corruption in the firmware is overwritten?

There are instructions for this on this page. Please scroll down to follow the Alternate update instructions.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Bee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the reply, i am thankful that the community want to help me.

First i have done a full reset: Soundtouch button + Teletekst button.

The 300 resets itself, all lights going from left ot right. Than it goes over to flashing amber lights for the WIFI and Soundtouch lights. I

I connect the surround to power and wait until amber lights are blinking.

After de full reset i have paired the 300 with the app. After pairing with the app (300 connected with UTP) i connect the woofer (connected with Jack cable). It finds the woofer...no the surrounds.

300 + woofer working, surrounds are not working

I press Soundtough button + CC. In the app i see progress bar downloading latest update. After downloading it installs. After install, 300 resets itself. After reset 300 + woofer is working.

I disconnect surrounds from power, reconnect them after 5 minutes. Again soundtough button + 7, i300 finds woofer, not the surrounds.

After this procedure i disconnected the woofer from jack cable. For woofer off power for one minute. Connected power again and repeated the procedure above. 300 works, does not find woofer, not surrounds.

Im on a mental breakdown concerning my Bose equipement. The technical support team keeps telling me to repeat procedures i have already done many times.

Resume:

300 is working over WIFI or UTP cable, no problem!

Woofer only working connected with jack to jack cable connected to 300. That is the only way to use the woofer!

Surround speakers and woofer (if not connected by cable), not working at all, whatever i do: reset, firmware, off power, on power, on 300, 1, 5, 10 meters away, with repeater, without repeater, WIFI via modem, wifi via router, 2,4GHZ, 5 GHZ, tuned asus router...nothing! Im sorry for my emotion but im dealing with this problem for two weeks now...

Hi there @Bee,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I completely understand your frustration here - we're always happy to help, so lets make sure we get this resolved for you 😊.

In order to do so, can I ask a few questions here? These may sound silly, but all of the following can have an impact on your connection!

1) Are there any forms of wireless interference near or next to your receiver boxes, bass module or Soundbar? These could be anything from Wi-Fi extenders to Bluetooth speakers to radios. If so, can you please disable or move these temporarily to ensure there is no interference? Please note that the pairing process works even if the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions of the soundbar are disabled so you don't need the Wi-Fi to confirm these pair!

2) Following the above, it seems like you have already done this by moving the systems but is there any physical interference with any of these? For example, many users place their Soundbar in a cabinet under a TV, or have the receivers hidden away on shelving or in walls. If possible, please ensure there is line of sight between these!

3) You already noted that you tried disconnecting the Wi-Fi repeater. If you are not able to disable your Wi-Fi completely, can i ask that you have a look at your Wi-Fi settings to see if "Channel Bonding" or "40MHz mode" settings are enabled there? If so, can we disable these settings before trying to pair again, as these can interfere with the setup procedure!

Please return to me at your convenience!

Liam W

Bee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hello Liam, thanks for the reply.

I will answer your questions:

1) Are there any forms of wireless interference near or next to your receiver boxes, bass module or Soundbar? These could be anything from Wi-Fi extenders to Bluetooth speakers to radios. If so, can you please disable or move these temporarily to ensure there is no interference? Please note that the pairing process works even if the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions of the soundbar are disabled so you don't need the Wi-Fi to confirm these pair!

Answer: To be short no. My router hangs in a closet about 10 meters away from the 300, woofer and surround speakers. As fas as i can see there is no interference. There are no devices in the neighbourhood. As said before, in my kitchen i have a Bose Soundtouch 20. When playing music with my 300 it is possible to listen music from both the 300 and 20.

2) Following the above, it seems like you have already done this by moving the systems but is there any physical interference with any of these? For example, many users place their Soundbar in a cabinet under a TV, or have the receivers hidden away on shelving or in walls. If possible, please ensure there is line of sight between these!

Answer: TO be sure i placed all devices in the middle of the room and tried again. nothing helps

3) You already noted that you tried disconnecting the Wi-Fi repeater. If you are not able to disable your Wi-Fi completely, can i ask that you have a look at your Wi-Fi settings to see if "Channel Bonding" or "40MHz mode" settings are enabled there? If so, can we disable these settings before trying to pair again, as these can interfere with the setup procedure!

Answer: I have contact with the Bose support desk in the Netherlands. I have checked and changed settings on my router as told, it did not help.

I have tried to connect using the asus repeater on different locations. I tried on my Asus router hanging in the closet. I have tried to connect via my regular Internet provider modem wifi. None of the devices helps.

Resumé:

300 is able to connect with WIFI and by UTP LAN. Its working perfect with Spotify and TV.

Basswoofer 700, only works when i connect the woofer with a jack - jack cable with the 300. Otherwise i can not connect the Woofer to the 300 wireless.

Surround speaker, i am not able to connect them with a jack-jack cable otherwise i would have done that long ago. Whatever i do i cannot get them paired to the 300.

Hello Bee, 

Thanks for reaching back out and answering the questions.

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them as they have the capabilities to look into your system remotely and see what could be going wrong. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W