but when I run music on Amazon Music station for a while or go to sleep

I back to open soundtouch app on Iphone

I see that the app can’t detect my devices anymore and keep searching for them

and I have to restart my access point and router

thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Searching for my soundtouch 10 and 20

Hi MohamedHamed, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this strange experience and would love to assist you with this.

Can you please test this with other music services to see if this issue persists as well as performing a reset on the speakers via turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds.

Please update me on the result of this and if any other community members are experiencing this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

MohamedHamed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Yes with all apps even bluetooth after few hours at least one of my speakers is lost from the network and the Soundtouch app keep searching for the speaker forever

Hi there @MohamedHamed and thanks for following up!

That seems very unusual! It seems like your network may be disconnecting the system, perhaps when this assigns a new IP address or updates the channel.

As such, can I ask a few Wi-Fi questions?

1) Who is your Wi-Fi provider?

2) Is this a single network, or is this an extender network/split band network (for example, Lan_Solo2.4GHz and Lan_Solo5GHz)?

3) If this disconnects both devices, can I ask that you use the SoundTouch 20 through Ethernet and see if this system disconnects next time?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W

MohamedHamed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Well its We from egypt

and regarding the network it’s Linksys ac3200 switch and connected to my router wirelessly

the SoundTouch 10 conncted to the linksys on the 5GHz

the problem now with the SoundTouch 10 only 

while the SoundTouch 20 is always connected and never disconnects now

but the 10 is missing from the app every 1h and keep searching for it

*note the SoundTouch 20 is connected via lan to the Linksys switch

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for confirming this information for updating us on this issue. 

What I would next suggest is that you perform a factory reset of your SoundToch 10 to see if this helps resolve this issue. You can do this via the following instruction.

Please note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the SoundTouch app to reconfigure your product.

• Power on your product
  • On the top of your product, press and hold the 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until the lights on the front of the product blink white
  • Wait while the system resets. While resetting, the lights blink left to right several times, then the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber when complete.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Tegan M 

MohamedHamed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Ok I think I got the problem I removed the speaker and turned of and on wifi I can see that the speakers takes different static every time it’s lose connection to the network

but I got no open to give it specific static IP i think from the Linksys switch any suggestions till I check main router also?

thanks.

Hi there @MohamedHamed and thanks for getting back in touch with us!

From most Linksys routers, you can select "Setup" and usually alter the Static UP from there should you want to do so.

There are also usually settings labelled "Auto-Assign IP Addresses" which you might want to look at; as this may be directly related to the code that you have mentioned.

With regards to the addition of the Linksys Switch, there may be a work-around! If you place your SoundTouch 10 back into Wi-Fi setup mode by holding "2" and "-Vol" for 5 seconds until the Wi-Fi LED returns to Amber, you can set this back up on the network. Before you do so, please temporarily disable the Switch, then pair up the SoundTouch 10. This would then pair to the main router rather than the Switch, and then you can re-enable the switch again and give this another go.

Please return to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W