Highlighted
RalphKlein
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

This happens almost every month. So just search the old forum messages for additional details. 

Once again, when playing Sirius XM, song info is not displayed by the SoundTouch app or the speakers. It is nice that Sirius XM is playing but I really miss the song info.

As always, the song info is available in the dedicated Sirius XM app on my IOS devices. Song info is also available in my car.

Please fix this again. It is so nice when the song info is displayed. 

Ralph

131 REPLIES 131
LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Same here. This is getting old.
betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: Sirius XM issues

Same BS again. Songs are in favorites but not the Now Playing. I guess we just have to wait until someone arrives to work today to restart a server.

bose.JPGbose2.JPG

Hello RalphKlein and LoEndMaestro,

Thank you both for posting.

We're sorry to see this issue with song info is happening to both of you consistently.

What systems do you own? Does a router and or system reboot resolve this issue?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I've got a 30, a 10 and a 300 series sound bar. Rebooting the router does nothing.
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Sirius XM not displaying song names on speaker or app - again.

So the longstanding thread was updated over the weekend but apparently no one at Bose took notice.

SiriusXM is no longer displaying song names in the app or on the 20/30 speakers.  This was noticed on Saturday...no reponse from Bose on the other thread.

Can someone reboot whatever it is you have to reboot please?  We're sick and tired of this.  It would stay busted unless we open a new thread and get someone's attention.

If you cannot get the little things right, why should we invest any more $$$ in new speakers from Bose?

Hello All,

Thanks for all the posts.

We apologize about the song info display issue you're all running into with your SoundTouch systems.

We want to get this raised to development for you.

I will need to gather SoundTouch computer application logs and system logs after you replicate the issue. 

Instructions for gathering log information can be found HERE

Once you have both system and application logs, let me know, and I will reach out to you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Joel- please read the history on this issue. It's not device or account specific. Every tech tells us to re-add services, reinstall the app, what device? Call your ISP, etc etc. The song/artist data is not making it to the SoundTouch app properly. We've tried Apple, Android, tablets, laptops, Windows 10, etc. New accounts, old accounts, etc. 

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Man, I don't want to sound like a jerk here but that seems like a ridiculous amount of effort for what has been a documented, ongoing problem on your end. I'm a Bose loyalist, and have tried to resist the notion that you're abandoning Soundtouch but it certainly seems that way.

Now I understand why so many people are switching to sonos. I just wish I wasn't already 3 grand in the hole to Bose.
betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

I've been nice until today. Today they want us to gather logs from our hardware. I was devoted to assisting with the problem but at some point why should the end user have to help fix someone elses product. I would not have bought the SoundTouch 10 if it did not have working features. I have plain bluetooth speakers that accomplish just that. I'll get right on that, Joel. Where should I send my hourly IT support bill? No where in the SoundTouch packaging did it say that the software is not always going to work and you may have to help them fix it.