Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Re: SiriusXM - No song names - Still down, day 9 and counting

Hello DJWPE,

Thanks for the posts.

What is exactly happening when you're trying to access On Demand through SiriusXM on SoundTouch?

Have you tried removing your SiriusXM account from the SoundTouch app and adding it back to see if it will resolve the issue?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Yes, I’ve tried all that every **bleep** time this has happened, probably once a month for the last year and a half.

This time, the on-demand show list is not up to date. The most recent episodes available are from 1/31.

Just fix the **bleep** thing already!!!!
Animated Arbiter

SiriusXM just started dropping connections again.  Stuttering at first, then the orange light of doom.

Played the same station on my Sonos...no problems.

I'm done with Bose, officially.  This feature that works successfully about 70% of the time...and that Bose seems OK with that due to a complete lack of response - I'm through.  I'll never buy another Bose product again the rest of my lifetime.   I've powered off and disconnected every Soundtouch speaker in my house.  Thanks a lot moderators, you've been no help at all here.

For the love of all that is good and holy in this world, fix this permanently for those who want to stay with Bose.

Animated Arbiter

You know, I keep earning all these new "badges" on here, but all I really want is for my expensive product to work properly.
Friendly Fanatic

It’s been two weeks since I started this thread. And still no solution? I am disappointed that Bose has not even diagnosed the problem. 

Since I first reported the issue, I have disconnected the router from power three times and rebooted it. I have disconnected all of my SoundTouch speakers from power three times and rebooted them. I have removed my Sirius Account from the Bose app and added it back. Of course these actions had no effect because the issue is with Bose or with the API connecting Bose to SiriusXM. This appears obvious to everyone except the programmers at Bose. 

The exact same symptoms occur every few months and eventually the issue is fixed. Don’t the programmers keep notes? How can this take so long to diagnose? Bose certainly has excellent audio engineers. Why is the software quality so low?

It sure would be nice to get the song info back. 

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator

Maybe Bose has higher priority issues they are working on.  

Animated Arbiter

I think maybe the one guy who knows how this is supposed to work is on vacation or left the company.

I also think this might be a ploy to abandon the SoundTouch line. If so it’s a poor one - doesn’t make me want to buy any new items. I put all my SoundTouch up for sale, switching to Sonos for the user experience alone, even though I really need the aux conmection on the Bose. I’d rather not have that and have a consistent experience where things work consistently.
Animated Arbiter

I think i'm officially off the Bose bandwagon.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

This issue is still actively being investigated by the software team.  When there are any updates to this issue that we can announce, we will let the community know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

My first reaction to this update is that it is a non-update.

My second reaction is that this non-update is it NOT good enough. It’s been down for almost three weeks. But we will have to accept it - but I refuse to like it.