rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Re: SiriusXM Song Names are still missing - going on 2 weeks

I've also had this issue for months. And this is not the first time this has happened in the past year, it happened about 6 months ago. I wonder who writes the siriusxm code for the app, Bose or siriusxm.
betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Who can we speak to higher up the chain? This is unacceptable. Several of us bought the hardware specifically to use our SiriusXM accounts in the interface. That we pay monthly for. We had/have plenty of other choices and should not have to beg for the product that we paid our hard earned money for to work. I know that there are bigger problems in the world, but customer service has gone to crap and this is a prime example. 

Hi again everyone,

I understand your frustration. The best way to escalate this issue is to speak to our Technical Support team by telephone. Select your country from this list, scroll down to the bottom of the following page and select "Contact Us" to find the correct phone number for your region.

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

OK, I called and talked to someone. He informed me that this is a Sirius based problem where they've reduced the bandwith available to them, therefore song titles, etc. are not showing up. He assured me that they're working on it, but could not give me an ETA on when it might be fixed.

I also asked him about SoundTouch going forward. Now this guy was really cool, and his job is strictly SoundTouch support. I'm not sure if this was a corporate line he was feeding me, but essentially it was this: "We still support SoundTouch and customers will continue to recieve technical support from us. Not sure if there will be any new S/T products, but we still sell the speakers, so if you like them continue to use them. To my knowledge nothing is going away."

So take that with however many grains of salt that you wish. I would encourage the diligent few on here to also make the call to help escalate & hopefully get this problem resolved.

Still extremely frustrating.

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Yeah I guess its up to those of us who care about it working to actually see if we can get it to work.  This won't be forgotten anytime soon, I'm still never purchasing another Bose product ever again.

I'm just furious.  I work for a global technology company - IN TECHNICAL SUPPORT - and if something like this happened to one of our products/features heads would have rolled by now given our customer base.

I emailed Sirius a few minutes ago asking if what you discovered was true, and what they plan on doing about it.  I said I wouldn't post again - I am truly disgusted with Bose and SiriuxXM at this point, and don't want to give either company any more of my time and money - but if we're essentially being told to fix this ourselves, we might as well at least exhaust all our avenues.  I won't forget how much of my own personal time I am spending on support for a company that should be handling this on their own.  

"Working on it" isn't good enough.  What is Bose working on exactly?  I'll give their tech support another call (I've already called twice in past weeks) and see if I can get more detailed information.

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I'm with you man. It's really unacceptable.

1adam12ks
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2017

Mine has not worked in months as well, can never see what song/artist I like that is playing. Tried all the things, uninstalled from PC, reinstalled, added Sirius again, no luck. Pretty expensive system to not function with common streaming services. I listen to this all day every day at work, not satisfied.

Hi Everyone, 

We just wanted to keep you all updated that we are currently still investigating this issue and we will provide the community with an update to this. We understand this is very frustrating and we thank you for your patience.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I realize you are trying to placate us - at least it’s a response even if it is the same non update we have received for months.

It’s not good enough. Sirius techs seems to have no clue what’s going on, the email I got back yesterday from them clearly shows this. No one seems to have any precise data or description of why this is happening and what is broken other than the limited bandwidth by Sirius to Bose that someone was told by tech support.

I’ve told everyone I can at my company about this problem - they are appalled at the handling. We all work in tech, tech support in fact - and all agree this is placating bs.

If anyone at Bose or Sirius wanted this resolves it would have been resolved by now. If anyone at either company knew what was wrong at this stage I think it would have been fixed by now.

“Working on it” - not good enough. We need a real answer.

Give us substantial updates or just pull the feature. Leaving is with silence and non updates isn’t acceptable. Tired of wasting my time trying to figure out a solution to something that is Bose and Sirius’ problem to work out, not the end users that buy and subscribe to your products respectively.

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

How much bandwidth is truly necessary to display an artist's name and song title?
What is that 30-35 characters max?