betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: SiriusXM Song Names are still missing - going on 2 weeks

How about fixing the issue. 6 Weeks? Are you kidding me? How was it fixed the last time? Must have let that tech go? Zero reason for this. We purchased something to work a certain way, as advertised. False advertising. I didn't buy it base on the condition that  "The SoundTouch 10 will display all of your Sirius Account info for about 1 year and then the software stream will malfunction over and over at your inconvenience". 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I had an interesting conversation today - I am in the middle of selling (or trying to sell) most of my Bose and will find another alternative.  

In attempting to sell one of the Bose Speakers, I was showing the potential buyer how the SoundTouch app worked, etc., and how it could do streaming - they immediately asked about SirusXM.  I told him he could listen to music but if you want to know what's actually playing, well, you're out of luck buddy.  I pointed them to this thread for more info.  He backed out of the deal.

I'm moving more and more towards Sonos because a) it doesnt do any Smart Home and b) it can playback albums and playlists seamlessly without that annoying gap at the beginning of each song.  Sonos seems to be affected re: SiriusXM - I can't even browse any Sirius channels on Sonos, and had to remove the service entirely.  So now if I want to stream Sirius, I use a single 20 or I just connect my phone to a Harmon Kardon Onyx 4.  

If using Bose is this much of a hassle, they are leaving us not much choice but to use competitors.  I've reached out to SirusXM multiple times but haven't gotten any sort of coherent response - they just keep pointing me to their App support.  

So I pretty much believe when Bose says they are "working on it" is the same as saying "I'm working on my novel" or "I'm working on losing 20 pounds" or "I'm working on my New Year's resolutions" - just words that make you feel better but do nothing.  For my part, I'm glad they just stopped giving non-updates, its all just a bunch of BS.  I'd rather just turn on my remaining SoundTouch (I plan on keeping one) and seeing the song names...let's hope they can arrange it by Christmas, then I can have a genuine Christmas miracle.

Plutarch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

It's really disgraceful that this issue still hasn't been fixed.  And there's not a peep from anyone at Bose.  At this point, I don't ever again intend to buy another Bose product.  I've spent a good deal of money on this company's products over the last 15+ years, including 3 sets of noise-cancelling headphones (2 QC2s and 1 QC25), 2 iPod docks (for the old 30-pin classic iPods), a home theater sound system, earbuds (both wired and wireless), and the Soundtouch 20.  If this is how Bose deals with problems that have been repeatedly reported by its customers over many weeks, then it's time for its consumers to let their wallets do their talking for them. There are a lot of competitors' products out there, at least some of which are now regarded as superior to Bose's (e.g., the Sony WH-1000XM3 noise-cancelling headphones have received better reviews than the QC35).

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Same here. I think I’m finally in the acceptance phase that this won’t be fixed.

So I used the app for the first time in forever the other day to enable Sirius for my WLA hooked to the original Bose portable in my office...and the song names showed. I think this was Tuesday. I almost fell out of my chair - no joke. I took a screenshot to make sure I wasn’t crazy. Told my colleagues at work that I’ll believe this is fixed if it works for two months solid...the next day, no song names.

Maybe there is something to this bandwidth thing from Sirius. I don’t know. What I do know is that most users don’t care and want Bose and Sirius to get together and figure it out. It’s not happening...so users are leaving. There isn’t much else we can do expect embrace the mediocre...or leave.
Highlighted
JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: Sirius XM issues

SiriusXM is dropping again. Dropped 4 times in last 4 hours. Anyone else experiencing this issue again. 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Anyone else experiencing intermittent drops again with Sirius XM ?

teskor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Add our 3 devices to the list. Disgusting.

And don’t even get me started about contacting technical support by email.

Read through the frustrations of this entire thread, and BOSE, this is not acceptable. 

Adding to that, Amazon music is still not available in Canada after months, if not more than a year of promises.

At this point we’ll never buy or endorse another Bose  product. 

Hi everyone, 

Many thanks for your posts, we appreciate your comments regarding the Sirius XM issue.

Currently we are still investigating this and we will provide you with information once we have this.

Once again we appreciate your patience with this.

Warm regards

Leon_C 

RSO
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2016

Regarding the Sirius XM song missing info... 

Bose reply:     Blah, blah, blah....  *this is also the same canned reply when requesting an update for airplay 2 (doubtful it will ever come to soundtouch), and apple music (hey bose... what is that?)

I own more than 6 soundtouch products and am having the same exact issues.  Total failure on Bose's part to fix this issue that has been going on for over 2 months.  I mean,  come on!   

Not sure if anyone in the Bose community is paying attention.. The soundtouch line is about to dissapear on the shelves (see Best Buy and Bose websites for 20% and more savings), only to be replaced by the version 2 Home Speaker...  hmmm.. do you think this new line will have the same failures as the last???

PLEASE BOSE>.   JUMP!

Shargot
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2015

This has been an ongoing issue for me so I really appreciate how despite the frustration and lack of response from Bose, the community has continued to keep the issue alive.  

Howell