Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Still "working on it" Bose?  Can you tell us to just give up all hope and close this thread if there are no plans to fix this?

I've been listening to Sirus when I can...when it doesn't drop/cut out or stop completely.  Just take away the feature if you're going to insult us, because that's what this essentially feels like - an insult to a formerly loyal Bose fan.

I've said it before:  if this was going to get fixed, it would be - if anyone wanted it fixed.  No more of this "we're investigating" nonsense - investigating doesn't mean fixing, it's a whole lot of words meaning absolutely nothing.

Would going to the media get us an honest answer about what's broken? 

Hello Everyone,

I am able to inform you that this matter has been given to the development team who are handling to issue as we speak, 
We are waiting on them for any information that we can provide to you. 

Warm regards, 

Liam G 

RSO
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2016

Liam G 

This is the exact response you gave us over two months ago.... Still no fix?

Honestly....

teskor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Let’s see... some 14 responses from Bose on this same topic since the original post in January. All pretty much the same canned response.

”Our developers are working on it.”

Seriously Bose, give us the REAL answer, not just lip service. 

Until proven otherwise, I’m beginning to suspect that the SoundTouch product and support nearing its final days. 

Robb C.
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2014

This morning, the song title and artist did show up on my display. Provided it was the wrong song title and artist to what was playing, and that same title and artist displayed for the next three to four songs........... Disappointing, and frustrating.

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Holy crap. I just tried based on your post and the song names are there (and in my case correct). But I fully expect this to fail within the hour. It’s gotta be a fluke and once they realize it’s working I’m sure they’ll flip the switch. Tomorrow when it fails again this moment will seem like a dream.
LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Ok, so i I'm getting the wrong song/artist info as well.

That's actually MORE annoying than no song info.

Unbelievable.

Thank you everyone for making us aware of this. 

We will forward this to the development team to try and resolve this issue. We appreciate your patience with this

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

That’s a good one. I had a good laugh. Please just stop with that kind of talk - this has been broken for months. No one who has been dealing with this on the end user side actually expects Bose to fix anything at this point.
Plutarch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I've noticed that, since this morning, tracks are being displayed on all Sirius stations that I've tested, both regular satellite stations (such as "60s on 6," "80s on 7," and "Classic Vinyl") and Internet-only channels (such as "SiriusXM Pops" and "70s/80s Pop") .  On most stations, the track names are flipping timely as the songs play; on some, however, they're frozen.  So, it appears that at least some progress is being made.