JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Does anyone know how to access the SiriusXM Xtra Channels using the Soundtouch app for Bose Soundtouch speakers?  Thanks 

John C

Robb C.
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2014

So songs have been displaying correctly for a while now,...... well until the latest software update a week or so ago. 

Back to the same old shenanigans!!!!

Plutarch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Yup.  The problem had cleared up for several weeks.  Ever since a software update about a week or more ago, however, the tracks display, but the previous track hangs until close to the end of the current track being played, or even into the beginning of the following track.  At first, I thought that the problem was limited to Sirus' streaming-only channels, but it's also the case with channels on the Sirius "dial" (like Siriusly Sinatra or the Beatles Channel).  Not as bad as the earlier issue (no display at all or hanging tracks for long stretches) but still quite frustrating. 

rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Same problem. It shows the info for the previously played track. Not very useful. I've resorted to using Shazam to get info on the current track. Shouldn't have to do that.
Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Saw the updates to this thread and wanted to see if it was *actually* Bose's fault.  I don't think so (I know, I was shocked myself).

The current symptom is that the song tracks aren't updating - the previous track name displays well into the new track, with the new track name eventually showing up towards the end of the song.  Basically the track name updates are delayed when compared to the music playing.

I logged into my Sirius streaming account online this week, first time, to stream music to my new HomePod, and saw the same behavior before these thread updates began.  I'm streaming right now on my Bose and logged into SiriusXM streaming player via the web, and the track name updates are slow on both the streaming web page and the Bose app - the delays match.  So this likely isn't Bose but I would encourage others to give the same test a shot.  Log into player.siriusxm.com, go to your Favorites, start your channel...and watch the song names not change immediately, then compare to what's showing up on the Bose app (which is what I've been doing for the last hour or so).  The delays match up...

betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Same symptoms here. Do they not test these **bleep** updates?! It was working fine for a while. This time I'm on a galaxy tab e. Platform never seems to matter though.

rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Tried running the experiment. I ran player.siriusxm.com on a windows 10 machine, and the SoundTouch v21.0.4 app on a galaxy s9+. Both incorrectly showed the previous track's info. Then about half way through the current song, the info was updated to be correct, and then, of course, incorrect for the next song.This happened 100% of the time. Since the browser app has nothing to do with SoundTouch, this is a siriusxm problem, not bose.
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

@Xyz987 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's a Sirius issue, not a Bose issue.  I have the same problem when streaming Sirius on my iPhone to an FM transmitter in my car.

That's what I said...5 months ago.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

What has happened to SiriusXM?  It was playing a few days ago fine. Now I am getting that erro message again. 1005. We cannot play that now. Try again later. I have deleted SiriusXM and reinstalled. No luck. Suggestions?

LoEndMaestro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Mine is playing, but the song titles are all wrong... again.