Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Works fine for 3 or 4 songs then hangs. 

Occurs both on iOS and Android. 

Hi Teskor, 

Thanks for your post! 

Can you please confirm that you have attempted the troubleshooting methods in this thread? If you haven't already I highly recommend doing so. 

Please let me know how this goes. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Robb C.
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 8, 2014

Amen on the damage to the Bose relationship. Their soundtouch app on both IOS and Desktop application are horrible at best.

teskor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

I’ve tried everything. Logging out/in, uninstalling/reinstalling the app,

3 speakers, 1 iPad, 2 Android devices are running the most current app versions. 

All speakers are currently on most current firmware as well. 

This issue has been obsevered on the iPad, 2 Android phones, and laptop PC. 

That said, what I’ve observed, when opening the app, song info is displayed correctly for 2 or 3 songs, then the info display hangs. It may hang for 2 or 3 more songs, then may start working again. 

Just my experience. 

Hi Teskor, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on your troubleshooting. We are currently aware of this issue and it has been escalated to our development team. 

We will update the community as soon as we have an update. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Yesterday I uploaded the update to the Soundtouch app.  I ended up deleting the ST app and reinstalling the updated ST app. App version 21.0.4. All seemed to work yesterday. Today SiriusXM is dropping every couple hours. Frustrating. SiriusXM has worked well for a couple months except for song info. Now it is dropping again. Anyone else having this issue?  Bose folks, can this be fixed?  Thanks 

John C

teskor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Song info is still hit and miss at best. 3 or 4 songs works then it hangs. It may r3start afte4 a bit, only to hang again. 

As for dropping Sirius, yes it dropped for a fairly long period this past (April 17) afternoon. 

And don’t get me started on yesterday’s app updates. Add to favourites is nice if it wasn’t such a pain in the backside to do. iOS version. 

Android version refuses uses at times to open, hangs amongst other things. 

Hi Teskor, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. 

As you know the issue with Sirius XM has been passed onto the development team. However I will pass on your issues with the ST update on Android. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

dblj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

We cannot let this problem fall off the community board even though most of us have given up and are dealing with these issues.

Bose, you continue to say this is in the hands of development but either your SoundTouch developers have all left for some reason or another because of the decision to move to another platform and not include SoundTouch or all your developers are too busy supporting the new Home Line (another reason we SoundTouch owners don't feel our expensive investments are going to be supported much longer).

I have worked in the IT field for 20+ years mainly in the operations side but testing and troubleshooting have been almost daily occurrences and I can't believe how this issues has been, what seems to be, ignored.

The problems with SiriusXM songs has happened several times (haven't been counting) since I have owned my SoundTouch. We used to notice the problem usually end of the week, we would complain, it would degrade through the weekend, and then usually be quickly resolved on the Monday following. Not this time! Maybe the person who was solving the problem walked as well. It was usually resolved almost as if someone would just reboot the problem server. Maybe you need to reboot every server related to the SiriusXM part of the application; hell, forget about any SLA uptimes that you have in place, we have been dealing with issues for months now...just do it.

The current problem I am seeing is that the songs are pretty darn close to real time on the current channel that I am listening to but the listing of all channels or my favorites (I only have 5) are VERY messed up. This does not allow me to look to see if I want to change channel to listen to something else.

I have done a lot of testing (way more than I should have to) by "trying" to get my favorites list to refresh over and over and over, many times a minute and RARELY do I get an updated list of the songs currently playing. What I have noticed is that there are couple lists that will come back from previous hours or even days as if cached somewhere. I have performed several uninstalls from my PC and deleted SoundTouch/cache folders that are in my user directory AppData/Local & Roaming folders to try to get rid of everything SoundTouch related before a fresh install. This last time I even cleared my SiriusXM favorites in the app before uninstalling. Once I reinstalled and setup my favorites again I still was getting some of those songs/artists from some phantom lists I've seen before.

This makes me believe that there is a Load Balancer that the App is pointing to and it is balancing between several web servers that are suppposed to be hosting up this information and there are at least two that I can identify are NOT refreshing because I keep seeing the same lists. Once again....I should not have to go through this kind of troubleshooting/testing/frustrations to enjoy my music on my SoundTouch!!

Please fix this!!!

I am not usually very vocal on blogs or community board but when at work and something is broken I will bring attention to it. If I am now being vocal about this then there have got to me MANY users out there in this community that are just as frustrated with this (and other things, not even going down that path in this post) if not more. There are probably thousands of others that aren't even on this community that are just as frustrated.

Once again FIX THIS! Show us that you are competent in some fashion and that you still DO have developers that are working on the SoundTouch platform.

We all have a lot of money invested in the SoundTouch platform and as it has been mentioned throughout the Community, we do feel like we are being abandoned by the new "Line" and we will own paperweights in the near future.

I will say this again....FIX THIS!

Hi Dblj, 

Thanks for posting and thank you for the feedback. I understand your frustrations on this. 

The development team is aware of the issue and are actively investigating this deeper. I understand that the community isn't happy with this issue and it has been raised many times. 

However at this moment in time I have no other information on this issue other than the fact that it is being investigated, once a fix is found and we have a resolution there will be a community article to announce this. 

Once again I can only apologize in the delay and appreciate the communities frustrations. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B