betteroff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Re: SiriusXM Song Names are still missing - going on 2 weeks

I'm in IT as well. Someone would have lost their job by now. Not even a question. Multiple users affected, this  incident should warrant more attention. Think of how many are not bothering to post. There's not just 6 of us that own these systems and have SiriusXM. 

Plutarch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I'm wary of the assertion that this is a problem on Sirius' end and that it's a "bandwith" issue.  If you have a Sirius subscription and go on  its website to stream channels, tracks are displayed.  There must be some issue relating to the interface between Sirius and the Soundtouch app.  Anyway, per the advice of others, I decided to call Bose customer service (1-800-379-2073) to express my frustration about this ongoing problem -- I've been experiencing it for 5-6 weeks now on my Soundtouch 20 -- and was informed that they're aware of the issue and it's been "escalated," whatever that means.  

Plutarch
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

I don't understand how it could be taking you folks so long to figure this out.  This problem doesn't occur with Amazon Music or Pandora streaming on the Bose Soundtouch.  One would think that one or two technical people should've been able to resolve this long by now.

RalphKlein
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Five weeks ago, I posted the first message in this thread. 

It’s hard to believe it is not working, yet. 

I really like the BOSE hardware, but their software leaves a lot to be desired. 

Ralph

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out! I understand that this is still an ongoing issue and Bose is aware and we are investigating. 
Please do bare with us as this is an ongoing investigation. 

Once we have any information regarding this we will be posting any/all information as soon as we can. 

I know this isn't the news you want to hear but please understand we are looking into this situation. 
I understand your frustrations and we are keeping logs of this issue.

Thank you all and enjoy the rest of your day! 

Liam - Community Support

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I’ll ask again - what are you doing about this? There seems to be a whole lot of investigating but no results.

I’ll answer my own question - Bose is and has done nothing but give us non-updates, a lot of words for months.

You are right - I don’t want to read another non-update with zero results. I don’t want to associate with any company that can’t get its act together in situations like this.

Bose as a brand is permanently damaged for me.

So please spare us another non-update and just let us know when it’s fixed - or if it won’t.

In the meantime those of us who give a rip of this works will be talking to Sirius and other outlets to see if we can DO something.

rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

If it's being worked on, may I ask by how many people. and of those, how many are developers and how many are testers? I would hope it's more than just a single developer, although it wouldn't surprise if it is.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, you can ask.  However, that's not a question Bose would or should answer.

jeffcny
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

I have been following this thread from the beginning since I am also impacted. I have spent a lot of money on (2) soundtouch speakers but now I have officially given up. I like to know what I am listening to so I purchased (2) Apple HomePods and stream to them from the SitiusXM app. It’s been great AND they have added 100 more channels to the app! Even if BOSE fixes the missing song info issue I doubt they will update the app to include the new channels so it’s goodbye. Thanks for the memories 🙂
JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

What is the status of this issue ?  Is it being addressed? After 6 weeks, I still don’t see the info. Thanks