Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Just happened in the last ten minutes.  I can stream SiriuxXM to my HomePod without a problem; can stream SiriusXM from via bluetooth from my phone, but on the Bose Soundtouch, I get "Service Unavailable" on my 20 and from the app.  

I've said this about a million times already but if there's no consistency as to the service just take the service away.  So tired of all these SiriusXM problems on my Bose when other solutions work consistently.

128 REPLIES 128

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Hello jerake75,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues with SiriusXM on your SoundTouch speaker. I completely understand that this may be frustrating but I will do my best to support you with this. 

Can you try to remove and re-add the SiriusXM account? You can do this via the following steps:

1. In the app, choose Menu > Settings > Music Services
  2. Select the desired service
  3. Select the service account
  4. Select REMOVE ACCOUNT
  5. To re-add the account, reselect the service
  6. Select ADD ACCOUNT and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please get back to me and let me know if this resolves your issue. If not, I'd be happy to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I did nothing and it started working last night on its own.  Removing/readding the account - what exactly does that do to resolve issues?  

So it's yet again a holiday weekend and I'm experiencing more problems with Bose using SiriusXM.  Like I and countless others have for well over a year.  I'm completely out of disgust.

The service is cutting out again - amber light on my 10's after 30 to 40 minutes of playing Sirius, seeing "select a station or preset" on my 20's.  It's cutting out during a special program that's only playing today on July 4th on one of my channels.  Thanks again for not coming through on a holiday.

Hi Jerake75, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue has returned. 

What this does is it reauthorizes the account so it can fix many kinds of authorization or connection issues between the servers. 

Have you attempted this step? 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Yes I tried it.  It solved nothing.

All day today Sirius has been dropping out on all five of my speakers.  I receive the amber light after less than a minute of playback, "Select a station or preset" on my 20's, and same error on the app.   I have no issues streaming Sirius on my HomePod or via bluetooth.

I just rebooted all of my speakers - solved nothing.  FIX IT OR REMOVE THE FEATURE.

I'm shocked no one else has complained - but most others who have been dealing with this for months have also likely given up.  

Hi jerake75, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I appreciate the feedback. 

Are you able to access other music services on the app? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Yes, other services work fine.  Just Sirius was failing, as per usual over the course of a year now.

I came home tonight and no matter which speaker I tried to play Sirius from, I got the amber light/"Select a preset."  No music at all, completely down.  Tested from my HomePod, Sonos, and via the Sirius app bluetooth - no problems.

Power cycled all my speakers - still failing.

Removed my account/readded my account - still failing.  My presets set to Sirius channels before removing/readding were still present within the Soundtouch app.

Restarted the Bose Soundtouch app (closed it on my iPhone) removed my account.  Restarted the app again, readded my account.  Pressed a preset on the app; took about 3 or 4 full minutes of watching the wheel spin on one of my 20's, and eventually Sirius played. 

It's been playing from one of my 10's for about 20 minutes straight without stopping.  

Hi jerake75,

That's great to hear the troubleshooting you attempted appears to have resolved the issue! 

If you continue having issues, please do feel free to reach out again, and to anyone else in the Community, if you have similar issues, please try what jerake75 tried to see if this helps you. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

It failed again this morning. Amber light. Completely down. 

This is is the same symptom as a year ago. 

I officially give up in up on this ever working reliably and will just use my portable speaker with Bluetooth to my phone . This forum has proved pointless as the root cause has never been acknowledged.

If I could bring legal action for all the pain and suffering this has caused over the last year I would.  Providing a feature that only works 80 percent of the time and when it doesn’t work, user base is just ignored, I am disgusted. 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

It failed again this morning. Amber light. Completely down. 

This is is the same symptom as a year ago. 

I officially give up in up on this ever working reliably and will just use my portable speaker with Bluetooth to my phone . This forum has proved pointless as the root cause has never been acknowledged.

If I could bring legal action for all the pain and suffering this has caused over the last year I would.  Providing a feature that only works 80 percent of the time and when it doesn’t work, user base is just ignored seems status quo.