JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Just checked my SiriusXM stations. Don’t work.....still. 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

What did you do toget SiriusXM to work ?

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

There is no user fix.  Bose is working on an update to speaker software.  Sirius may work intermittently, often for some period of time, other times it won't work at all.  Bose will notify this community once the update is available.  Until then, you may be able to use bluetooth to speaker from smartphone or other device.

daves12340?
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Dont you find this disturbing this problem has been around  for at least 2 years at least and now bose finaly admits there is a problem with there software, how long have we all told them this and now the pennys finaly droped

tell me this how do Sonos get it right first time and we are still trying gives you great faith in bose customer sevices. WOULD YOU RECOMEND A BOSE SOUNDTOUCH SOMEBODY

Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

I opened this thread, and a few others on the same problem for almost a year. 

I gave up. They will resolve nothing. Clearly they have no idea how to resolve it and I will not waste my life gathering any information for them in vain hope they will suddenly become competent and fix it. 

You can connect a device with the SiriusXM app to one speaker and then play to the others using the app. That’s a workaround since Bose can’t get their act together.

I sold most of my SoundTouch speakers and just use Bluetooth to my Harmon/JBL with Connect plus.  You would not believe how wonderful it is to have Sirius work consistently and not have to fight the product. 

rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

I too gave up. I purchased a new Sonos speaker and siriusxm works! And the song info is correct. It's a shame, I grew up hearing how good Bose was, but like most of you I'm now very disappointed with them.

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I'm not happy either.  However, in my case, my Bose radio worked fine up until about 2-3 weeks ago, possibly coincident with several Sirius updates.  I expect Bose to address the issues and in fact reached out to their CEO so he is aware of customer unhappiness.  If Bose wants future customers, they have good reason to resolve this issue.

shaneomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I was considering the new Amazon Echo with the larger speaker.   My current echo works every time I say," Alexa, Ask Sirius XM to play The Blend" even when my Bose app gives me that 1302 error.   However, I do have better luck with Sirius XM when I select it on the Sound Touch Unit from a preset button.  I love this feature where I can just push a button for the station I want.  It just has been so spotty.  I will push the preset multiple times before it finally will connect or I will unplug and reboot my unit.   However, recently it just has not been working for some stations at all.   I dont feel like for the kind of money I spent I should have to push a preset on my SoundTouch systems with trepidaiton.  

I still want to have faith in your Bose...but the issues I have had over the years are starting to wear me down.

obamonos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Same thing over here SoundTouch 20, SiriusXM works for about 3 minutes and then disconnects and will not connect again. It displays error code 1302 on the app. I have called the Bose support center three times now, to no avail, the problem persists. 

From what I've noticed this happens when the song title changes in the display and since the Soundtouch 20 has a long delay between the last song title to be displayed and the current one (song titles interlap for about one or two minutes, this DOES NOT HAPPEN with the SPOTIFY service), it might be something to take a look at. 

Please let us know when this issue will be fixed, from what I've read in other threads this is not the first time this happens. 

Ricardo.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Starting our 4th week without SiriusXM for Soundtouch speakers. What is the satus of the fix?