daves12340?
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable

Dont hold your breath ive been using my Sonus 1 not one dropout in a 72 hour period Bose as normal tell us nothing and do nothing GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE BOSE AS ALLWAYS.

Gary227
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2017

Bose Support

Any update???????

Not telling us anything is not a good strategy. It is not good enough to say “with the development team”.

The customers frustration level grows.

zinc1oxide
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Bose Support,

I've been experiencing intermittent disconnects exactly as described on this thread.  While you have attempted to provide many troubleshooting steps that sometimes work, I think it is important that you acknowledge the stability (or instability) of the SiriusXM app within the speakers.

Having the user re-install / reboot / re-authorize settings is not a solution but rather a workaround.  While this may allow some to get up and going again, the root issues still exist.  It's like running software on your PC and the resolution is to have the user reboot the machine.  That is a workaround, not a solution.  Your engineers should know this and so should you.

My speakers have been playing fine for the last 10 minutes or so but at some point the app within the speaker unit will disconnect and app within my iPhone will display a 1302 error and the speaker display will suggest for you to select a station.  This is a result of the SiriusXM app within the unit disconnecting and not knowing how to reconnect.  That is a software issue Bose must address.  Constantly telling users to try workarounds is a temporary bandaid fix - it is not a proper soulution.

Please reach out to your engineers and explain that the software has issues and you need to acknowledge this to your user base and provide comfort that you are working on a software solution to address the SiriusXM instability issues.  While it is true that you can't control every possible network issue, such as intermittent disconnects, the stability of the software is measured on how well it can deal with these issue.  Based on my experience, and others, it appears the connection within the builtin app is likely disconnecting for other reasons than transient network issues.

Please don't come back with a canned answer and have the community, yet again, retry one of your workarounds.  From a support perspective, this is not the way to deal with well-known issues.

thank you. 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

This has been going on for almost a year...around Memorial Day weekend, that'll be the year anniversary (at least for me).  Some folks have said two years they've been dealing with SiriusXM not functioning correctly.  

And the response from Bose has been...nothing of substance.

I keep getting told that in order to escalate my issue I have to provide my full name and street address - otherwise they can't escalate.  Not sure if anyone else here escalated with any of the mods (I refuse to give them my personal information, I don't trust them - and where was this escalation a year ago?).   

But really...escalate why?  After almost a year, I can't honestly believe there will suddenly be interest in solving this problem through an escalation?  So even though we've all been reporting this failure for almost a year, whoops, won't get fixed because 10 months later you won't give me your name and address.  Clearly I am not trying hard enough to fix the problem.  Catch-22...you win, Bose.

Honestly, as much as I like the Bose sound (and I do, it's my top favorite) and as much as I'd like for SiriusXM to work reliably through Bose via the presets (which is a feature I also love), my main priority is to have Sirius perform reliably.  As a result, I'm sticking with just using the app or the online player and streaming to my non-Bose speaker of choice directly from Sirius, either Bluetooth or Airplay.  My phone or other device is then, for all intents and purposes is tied up, which was the beauty of configuring the service through Bose.  That's a trade-off I can live with, as long as I don't have to fight an app or a product. 

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

@jerake75 wrote:

This has been going on for almost a year...around Memorial Day weekend, that'll be the year anniversary (at least for me).  Some folks have said two years they've been dealing with SiriusXM not functioning correctly.  

And the response from Bose has been...nothing of substance.

I keep getting told that in order to escalate my issue I have to provide my full name and street address - otherwise they can't escalate.  Not sure if anyone else here escalated with any of the mods (I refuse to give them my personal information, I don't trust them - and where was this escalation a year ago?).   

What I woul;d do is call them. These forums are not really any place to find a solution. AT least the support on the phone has a clue as to what they are doing.

But mi would not count on a solution. I switched to sonos and homepods. Now every thing works right. 

daves12340?
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Just something to point out with these problems with sirius xm when the music stops and then somtimes starts to play again the  stream starts playing the record you just listerned to again then suddenly jumps forward to the currant song playing.

Today tuesday 07/23/19 has been the best it's been for the last two weeks only droped out 3 times today  SO FAR with the above problems.

Highlighted
Shargot
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2015

First let me say that i consider your description of SiriusXM dropping “only 3 times” in the morning as being a positive sign as being indicative of the very sad state of our current situation. 

Secondly, I’ve discoversed a workaround until the situation is resolved, that is if you have an amazon Echo.  If you have the Bose skill activated, it having no problem playing SiriusXM ( “Alexa play siriusxm Classic Rewind on kitchen”).  

Howell

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Smiley Mad I have never been able to get my SiriusXM stations to play on my ST10 in the last 4 weeks. Goes directly to an amber  light and an error message. How did you manage to get it to play at all?

daves12340?
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Im sorry to hear you have this problem my SoundTouch 10 20 30  have never suffered the problem of  an amber  light  mine just drops out saying select a diffrant preset and on the SoundTouch app error 1302 on the app another problem for bose to correct,

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

@Shargot - I tried this yesterday as well.  It was better for me using the Echo to start playing Sirius on the SoundTouch as well, but I still got drop outs - I think in 3 in ~1 hour of listening.