JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

SiriusXM automobile subscriptions now include internet subscriptions. Those of us who have automobile SiriusXM subscriptions would not want to cancel our SiriusXM subscriptions just because Bose cannot get their act together. Besides I am not certain that would have much of an impact to SiriusXM. I think that Down rating Bose products on websites because of poor customer service would have a greater impact. Hopefully Bose will get this issue fixed soon. It has only been 5 weeks. Just think if Bose had not elevated this how long it would take!  🤬

Highlighted
JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

After 5 weeks any progress with getting SiriusXM operational on our Bose ST?

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I reached out to BOSE CEO, and someone from product support contacted me.  Unfortunately, he was unable to provide an ETA for resolution, citing that the issues likely require collaborating with Sirius personnel, and so are "complex".  I reminded him that BOSE was notified about 5 weeks ago, so I considered this ample time to troubleshoot and resolve, even if they must coordinate with Sirius.  BOSE only promised to fix this at some point, and indicated to me that they were working on it at their highest priority level.  That's apparently the best they will do, even with a customer contacting their CEO to bring attention to the issues.  They also promised to keep the community informed of progress, but they don't seem to be doing that.  I haven't gotten any further update since last week; nothing but continued customer complaints posted online.  I assume an update to device software may be needed, but perhaps not.  It's possible this could be solved between BOSE and Sirius servers, not sure, and BOSE was not offering to conjecture as to the root cause.  It may be coincidental and transient, but I was able to stream Sirius for 3 or so hours last night.  The song titles are incorrect and not synched, but the songs play, with some intermittent "loading" which seems to keep the stream flowing, albeit with occasional interruptions.  It's better than nothing but may not be possible for all users at all times.  Not much else can be done other than share this experience with others on various user sites, and of course, make any future purchases with this poor level of service and product failure in mind. 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Thank you. This is more Information than we receive last week. Be patient is getting old. 

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Thanks, this is an actual update, way more than has been provided previously.  

I troubleshoot all day long, and am involved in a lot of complex problems with a lot of different parties, internal and external to the company, and I've never had something broken - truly broken, busted, non-functional - last for almost a year (yeah it's been almost a year, near Memorial day last year this started, then "fixed" but song names were missing, then busted again five weeks ago).  I would have been fired due to incompetence or taken off the case entirely, at the very least.  So I'm not buying the "complex" wrapper around this problem - they're just not doing squat about it other than talking about doing something.  

Fix it, or don't.  Bose is choosing the latter via inaction.  Again, a lot of words are being said by a lot of people but nothing is being done.  If Bose cannot do the small things right, there's not a chance I'll trust Bose to do anything big correctly (read:  Bose will never get my money again).

Anyway, as I noted previously, its been wonderful since I ditched most of my Bose Soundtouch speakers and switched out just using bluetooth to the Sirius app, using JBL/Harmon Kardon.  I can see song titles all the time, and album art!  The stream never cuts out and there's no delay in titles!  Stress-free listening.  I still prefer the Bose sound, but the speakers are not worth the hassle any longer.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

It has been over 6 weeks. Anyone have an update of what is happening since this was elevated and given priority?

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I just returned from vacation. Tried my ST10s. There is an update for speakers. Is this the SiriusXM fix?  SiriusXM will not play. Any other action we need to take for SiriusXM to work?  Thanks

obamonos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Recently got back from vacation and was prompted to a system update in my Soundtouch 20.

After the update, SiriusXM seems to be working just fine, the issue with the delay in song titles is still very present, but the audio drops and disconnections are no longer there. 

Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Recent firmware update notes said nothing about fixing the Sirius issue.  There's been no further word from Bose.  Just their usual customer relations approach, where nothing ever happens and no information is ever shared.      

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

We have been asked to be patient while Bose fix’s this SiriusXM issue. It has been 6 weeks. Can someone from Bose please respond and tell us what is going on?  

Is this update date supposed to fix the SiriusXM issues? Are there other steps we need to take to make our ST devices work?

Please respond and let us know something!