Re: SiriusXM Connection Issue

Hello sraimo19,

I'm truly sorry that you have not received correspondence. I'd be happy to help!

Could you please confirm which country you are located in so that I can check availability?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

sraimo19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello sraimo19,

I'm truly sorry that you have not received correspondence. I'd be happy to help!

Could you please confirm which country you are located in so that I can check availability?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

I'm located in the United States. 

Thanks 

Steve Raimo 

Hi Sraimo19, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I can confirm that this service is available in your region. 

In regards to the error code that you are getting, we are aware of issues impacting customers using the SiriusXM service. The SiriusXM third party authentication server is currently down. This is impacting log-in and some on-demand services. We are working directly with SiriusXM on this issue and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I can only apologize for this and will update the community as soon as we know more about this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

shaneomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I had the worse experience yesterday...

I came home from the grocery store and turned on my SoundTouch 20 in the kitchen and Siruis XM started dropping the signal every 30-60 seconds.   I unplugged my Bose SountTouch 20 and rebooted and all my presets were open as in not set up.  I open the Bose app on my iphone and all my presets are there but I could not select any of them.  I was able to stream music without issue through AirPlay with no skips. 

This morning I wake up and turn on my Soundtouch 20 in the bathroom and no issues...its like this never happened.   What is so frustrating is that these issue are so inconsistent. The troubleshooting is always non-stop and for years Bose Tech support was gas lighting me and telling me it was my network.  I replaced three routers and even hired a technician to configure my router to open a dedicated 2.4ghz static spectrum wifi channel.  Turth is it was never my network...Bose had serious issues when SoundTouch first came out and has made some substantial improvements through updates...thank you for that.   But the ongoing saga with sirius XM is a technical issue beyond the control of the consumer you have know about these issues for a very long time.   You should hire programmers who can address these issues in a more timely manner. 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Charlotte 

Thank you for your response. I will answer your questions the best I can. 

We upgraded our router on May 28, 2019 to a Nighthawk C6S AC4000 Tri Brand. I have 2 iPhones and 2 iPads connected to the 5G network band and 6 ST10 speakers and a ST adapter connected to the 5G band. I am not using the 2.4 g network. I previously had the ST equipment on the 2.4 but switched it to 5G.  We have a Spectrum router that was installed in July. Our download speed is 319 mbps. All the ST speakers show good or great signal reception. 

I have tried playing the ST speakers individually. Still get drops/ pauses only when when playing SiriusXM. 

Hope this helps. 

John C

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I erred in my previous post. The iPads and iPhones are connected to the 5G-2 network band. I apologize. Only the ST equipment is connected to the 5G network band. 

John C

Hi JohnCarr, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I don't believe this is a bandwidth issue as the speeds that you provided should indicate that this isn't an issue. 

I think the issue may be due to the fact that there are some authentication server issues with Sirius XM currently and this is impacting the streaming services. We are working directly with SiriusXM on this issue and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

I am sorry that I can't provide you with a resolution at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Charlotte 

I tested Tunein playing all 7 ST equipment. No drops after an hour of playing. SiriusXM usually starts pauses/drops within 15 minutes of playing. Using iPads and iPhones on 5G-2 band.  All ST equipment on 5G band. 

Thanks 

John

Highlighted
JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Hector B. 

Thanks for the quick response. Hope this is fixed soon.