Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Hi JohnCarr, 

Thanks for posting and being patient with us while the team looks into this. 

We don't currently have an update on this and I can assure you that the team will update the community as soon as we have more information on this. I am sorry that I can't provide any additional information.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Hector

Then What is this latest ST speaker update supposed to do?

Thanks 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Hector

Can you check this out with someone from the technical Sid and find out what is going on? And let us know. 

Thanks 

Hi JohnCarr, 

Thanks for your fast response. You can find all the information on the latest SoundTouch App update here.

In regards to the technical team I have no direct contact with them. The team will update the community when they know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Here is what I tried after the ST speaker update. After loading I deleted SiriusXM and reinstalled. I pushed the on button and yellow light and Same message. I turned the speakers off and tried again and IT WORKED!  Only been playing for 15 minutes but it is finally playing. Need to see how long it last before declaring the issue is fixed. Song titles still seem to be very delayed however. 

CRIP4LIFE
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

this is so frustrating... I CANT GET SIRIUS/XM TO PLAY OR EVEN ADD TO MY MUSIC SERVICES... i've tried EVERYTHING in this thread multiple times.

**bleep** BOSE!!!??? i have loved this company for years but this is ridiculous.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Well....after almost 7 weeks it looks like Bose finally got the ST speakers playing SiriusXM again. It has been playing for 4 days now with no drops. But no notifications from Bose that this issue was resolved. Just silence as to resolving this issue. Really weird customer service approach.

After my ST speakers were updated, I had to remove and sign back in to SiriusXM on the ST app. Seems to be working fine now. No drops except for the SiriusXM timeouts. 

So glad this was given the highest priority and fixed. I hope this fix lasts this time. 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Also why cannot the Bose Moderators communicate with the Bose techs to get an update while this issue was going on.  A strange way to run a business where techs don’t talk to customer service representatives. Explains a lot about their current business model. 

shaneomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

My Sirius XM has been working consistently for a week now.  Perhaps that is good fortune.  There was an update to all my speakers and after they seemed to work far better with Sirius XM.  However, BOSE has not been forthcoming on addressing this issue.  I hope for a more reliable experience in the future. 

sraimo19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

I,too, am having the same problem with my ST10 and the SiriusXM service as many others have complained about on this forum.  I consistently receive an error (6022) when I try to use this service, and have never been able to access it from my ST10. I CAN access my SiriusXM account in my car and on my phone through the Sirius app, and can stream it to my ST10 via bluetooth, but not directly via wifi. I just received a firmware update on the speaker to version 22.0.3, although I do not have access to the new app version.

It is still running 22.0.2. I have tried removing the service and reinstalling it to no avail.  What is going on with Bose's ability to access this service? When will this be corrected?