JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

What is the latest update on Streaming SiriusXM on ST?  Heard nothing from Bose on any thread that the SiriusXM issue is fixed? Is it fixed? Thanks 

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Been working for me on soundtouch iv for two weeks now. Song titles
lag by 1/2 a song or so, but no other problems. App and device bot
h updated, although no details related to this issue were called out
Assume bose feels they did enough, as they have been completely mum
I would also suspect that the issue will eventually happen again
so bose may not want to be vocal about what they did to fix it this go
round install all updates, then power cycle device and try it
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

I tried a couple of days ago after people were saying they thought it was fixed.  For me, better than before (didn't stop playing entirely, no issues getting it to start playing) but still was getting several momentary drop outs of the audio.

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Today was the first day in a long time I thought to try it...and sure enough, Sirius actually played instead of giving me the amber light (I have one remaining Soundtouch 10, I sold or unplugged the rest).

I've been listening to it for a few hours - mostly anticipating it not working - and had some audio drops, but nothing major.  If they did fix it, what a painful process just to a) get heard and b) get something resolved.

Historically it's gone down again over a holiday weekend, and with Labor Day approaching, we'll see if it holds.

sraimo19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

@JohnCarr wrote:

What is the latest update on Streaming SiriusXM on ST?  Heard nothing from Bose on any thread that the SiriusXM issue is fixed? Is it fixed? Thanks 

It's not working on my ST10.  It never has.  I always get an error code (6022). I've  updated firmware.  Power cycled the unit.  Removed the service & reinstalled. Still nothing.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Re: SiriusXM Connection Issue

I have 6 ST10 speakers. After the last ST speaker update that addressed the SiriusXM stations not playing, the speakers played SiriusXM pretty well. I am now experiencing a significant number of pauses (drops) when playing. I have deleted and reinstalled all speakers, SiriusXM from the music service  and ST app. I have a 3 band router and playing the speakers on the 2.4 g band. Still have pause/drops lasting about 5 to 10 seconds. I have rebooted my router and modem. Frustrating since I thought this was fixed. Any solution?

thanks 

John C

Hello JohnCarr, 

We noticed you posted on some other threads. To avoid any confusion, we have responded here >> Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I am responding on this thread since the other is dedicated to Song Information Missing.

I have 6 ST10 speakers.

Also After the last ST speaker update that addressed the SiriusXM stations not playing, the speakers played SiriusXM pretty well. I am now experiencing a significant number of pauses (drops) when playing. I have deleted and reinstalled all speakers, SiriusXM from the music service  and ST app. I have a 3 band router and playing the speakers on the 2.4 g band. I have reset router and modem.  Still have pause/drops lasting about 5 to 10 seconds. Frustrating since I thought this was fixed. Any solution?

In answer to Charlotte G’s  questions on September 10th, I responded on the same day. I have not added any new devices. I have played SiriusXM through my iPad/iPod using Bluetooth on the ST10 speakers. Works fine. I have used different SiriusXM Channels. Works fine. Try to stream through speakers, I have pauses and drops. Drops and Pauses are getting more frequent. Am I the only one reporting this issue?  Any proven solution? Thanks

thanks 

John C

PS. Charlotte G did not respond to my September 10th response. 

Hello JohnCarr,

Thank you for getting back to me and I'd like to apologize for the delayed response.

I'd like to start by looking into your network. It is possible that changes have been made around the same time and the SoundTouch speaker update. For example, your router/network may have been updated. Would you be happy to let me know the make and model of your router?

How many devices do you have on your network in total? It is a possibility that this could be a bandwidth problem. Factors such as streaming or downloading files can affect the speed of your network. Therefore, I would ask that you perform the following testing:

- Do you encounter dropouts when using just 1 of your SoundTouch 10 speakers? If you do not, then increase the number of speakers each time until you notice when the dropouts start to occur. Please report back when the dropouts are introduced.

Lastly, could you please test if this also occurs whilst using TuneIn? This will indicate if the issue is isolated to SiriusXM.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

sraimo19
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Charlotte,

I've also reported problems with SiriusXM on my ST10 (6022 error codes). It's never worked, even with firmware updates and deleting and re-adding the service.  Both Pandora & iHeart radio work just fine

It's only SiriusXM that's the problem.  When will this be fixed.  I've never received a reply from a Bose rep, either on the community forum or direct as a result of a service request.  Please help!!!

Steve Raimo

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello JohnCarr,

Thank you for getting back to me and I'd like to apologize for the delayed response.

I'd like to start by looking into your network. It is possible that changes have been made around the same time and the SoundTouch speaker update. For example, your router/network may have been updated. Would you be happy to let me know the make and model of your router?

How many devices do you have on your network in total? It is a possibility that this could be a bandwidth problem. Factors such as streaming or downloading files can affect the speed of your network. Therefore, I would ask that you perform the following testing:

- Do you encounter dropouts when using just 1 of your SoundTouch 10 speakers? If you do not, then increase the number of speakers each time until you notice when the dropouts start to occur. Please report back when the dropouts are introduced.

Lastly, could you please test if this also occurs whilst using TuneIn? This will indicate if the issue is isolated to SiriusXM.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G