Jul 11, 2019

Re: SiriusXM "Service Unavailable" from SoundTouch app or preset on 10/20

Works fine in browser, unlike BOSE.

rellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

Same problem on my SoundTouch 10s. So now siriusxm shows the wrong song info when it does play, and it stops streaming after a few minutes of listening.  Not much left for siriusxm to get wrong!

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Just so Bose is clear, SiriusXM streaming works without skipping/cutting out or suddenly stopping on:

1.  Sonus

2.  HomePod (streamed from my Mac via AirPlay, logged into player.siriusxm.com on the web and playing any channel)

3.  Bluetooth - open up SiriusXM app from my phone or iPad, connect to the Bose SoundTouch or any other Bluetooth speaker and stream any channel

This is not credentials.  Asking us to remove/readd and still having it fail means it is not credentials.  It's not the app.  It's not anything but what root cause was last year around this time - it's Bose's server.

The mods say a lot of nice things - there's been a lot of "we're listening" and "here's an update that's not an update" but nothing ever...gets...fixed.  Ergo, if this can't get fixed, I am moving on to something more reliable.

As stated earlier, I have given up.  I've been listening to Sirius from my iPad via Bluetooth to my Harmon/Karndon speaker for several hours with zero issues.  It is nice not having it suddenly cut out and see what I started calling the amber light of problem-not-solved.  I think I'll stick with this...it works.

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

The biggest kicker here, is that ALL of these issues have cropped up in the past and were eventually fixed.  Therefore, this matter could be resolved easily by BOSE personnel if they only bothered to look at past, similar issues and how they were resolved.  This lack of common sense in troubleshooting is insulting to cusotmers who paid dearly for BOSE products, inclusive of their support for Sirius, and who must deal with chronic outages and weak technical support.  The best customers can do is to vote with their future purchases, and steer clear of BOSE products entirely, suggesting that others do also.

Davidkendzerski
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Amen. Having the same issues with SiriusXM not loading to my SoundTouch 300 and sound wave systems. However,it plays flawlessly on my Sonos and Grace radio systems. I would never buy another Bose product again.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

What has happened to SiriusXM?  It was playing a few days ago fine. Now I am getting that erro message again. 1005. We cannot play that now. Try again later. I have deleted SiriusXM and reinstalled. No luck. Suggestions?

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Is the latest Soundtouch app update version 22.0.2?

weppinger
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Yes.
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your concerns. We've reached out to a few of you within this thread via direct message for additional information to investigate your concerns further with our development team.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B

shaneomac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the siruis XM loading my presets and playing them.  Often it will say the service is unavailable and I will disconnect the speaker and reboot and 95% of the time it will play my preset ...all my presets are Siruis XM.  Why do I always have to reboot my Soundtouch systems to get them to work correctly?  This has been a constant since 2017 when I bought all these very expensive and amazing sounding speakers!

I am having this issue on all my soundtouch systems.   

I am consistently getting the wrong song informaiton now being displayed...all of this started happening a few weeks ago.   I feel with all the updates that are pushed out their is no way your are alpha testing these updates and it is very likely an update can cause other issues.  Please have one of your techs review this issue with your programmers and resolve with future updates...thank you.