Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

SiriusXM update...Short lived?

I just received this email from SiriusXM.  I am wondering if the latest update fixing SiriusXM is going to be short-lived.

BOSE, can anyone please speak to what this change may mean for those of us streaming SiriusXM?

dblj_0-1584398988223.png

1-ST300, Acoustimas 300, Virtually Invisible 300, 1-Wave IV, 7-ST10, 2-Link, 1-LinkSys WRT1900AC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: SiriusXM update...Short lived?

Author Accepted Answer selected by dblj

Hi again @dblj

I can confirm that this message is meant for users who don't routinely update their speakers and didn't take the last update which was released in February. For further details about this update, please check out this post.

This means that if your speaker is up to date, you will be able to continue enjoying SiriusXM without having to do anything. If you are encountering any issues, please ensure that both your speaker and your SoundTouch app have the most recent versions.

Hope this helps 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi dblj,

Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. We were not aware of this communication and we are now investigating. We will of course let the Community know as soon as we have further information regarding this.

Please bear with us!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by dblj

Hi again @dblj

I can confirm that this message is meant for users who don't routinely update their speakers and didn't take the last update which was released in February. For further details about this update, please check out this post.

This means that if your speaker is up to date, you will be able to continue enjoying SiriusXM without having to do anything. If you are encountering any issues, please ensure that both your speaker and your SoundTouch app have the most recent versions.

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Anne,

Thank you very much for the information and following up on this so quickly!

1-ST300, Acoustimas 300, Virtually Invisible 300, 1-Wave IV, 7-ST10, 2-Link, 1-LinkSys WRT1900AC
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Just received a letter from Sirius saying they are going to make changes and Bose SoundTouch speakers my not work. Sirius said contact Bose for a maybe update/fix.

Does Bose have a fix?

Stan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I have many issues with the SoundTouch App which hasn't been updated for Android since September 2019.  Sirius continuously looses it's account information and the service needs to be deleted and re-installed.  Is there a fix for this?