jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

SirusXM - Fix whatever is going on with Siriux or take the feature away please

After the song names and search on SiriusXM returned a few weeks ago, I figured we might be in for at least some consistent mediocre from the Soundtouch systems.  And I was right - when I turn on my Soundtouch systems (usually all of them are set to a SiriuxXM station) SiriusXM plays and I can see the song names.  Still don't know what the heck happened but someone on the multiple other threads mentioned the new channels Sirius added (internet stations) so maybe that was the trigger.  Who knows?  Can't get an honest answer out of anyone from Bose, Sonos or Sirius.  

Anyway, I was on my Soundtouch app and trying to get SiriusXM to play on my WLA attached to the first Bose portable speaker they made...and when I went to browse the channels via the app, it states the following: "Hmm...Looks like SiriusXM isn't available right now.  Please try again later."  Error code is 6021.  Looking at the SiriusXM app...what was showing as playing on the Bose app was totally different than on the Sirius app.  Maybe that's normal, who knows, but browsing for the channel in the app always timed out as noted above.  But...if i selected a SiriusXM station on preset using the app...it plays fine.  No issues.  Not sure if this is still busted as it was for months before we got the song names back.

So what gives?  Is this feature ever going to fully function?  If not, just take it away.  I'm at the point where I've spent so much time screwing with the app (haven't even mentioned the fact that it is, AGAIN, refusing to find random speakers, so over this) that I'm considering trying to get something in compenstation for pain and suffering.  

So either fix it, tell me to get logs, give me some sort of REAL answer here (not a non-answer like "we're working on it" because clearly...you are not) or just take the feature away.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: SirusXM - Fix whatever is going on with Siriux or take the feature away please

Hi Jerake75,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with SiriusXM, I will do all I can to assist you. 

Has this issue started after SiriusXM added the new channels? 

I would recommend removing the Service and re-adding it to see if this improves the service you are experiencing. To do this, go to the settings menu in the top right of the SoundTouch app> go to settings> Music Services> SiriusXM. Then click on the email address and remove. Once completed re-add the service and test. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: SirusXM - Fix whatever is going on with Siriux or take the feature away please

This particular problem has been going on for almost three months now.  I suppose I should be lucky to see the song names and let the rest go huh?

Tell you what, before I go through all that rigamarole you posted (which I've already tried - what a waste of time) and you tell me if this is a known issue on the Bose side?  So I don't waste any more time trying to troubleshoot a problem that Bose won't fix?  At this point I feel like trying to recoup some pain and suffering caused by all of the wasted, wasted time we've all spent on this issue and non-helpful Bose troubleshooting provided.

Hi Jerake75,

I completely understand your frustration with the issue you are experiencing. 

We have seen some success with the troubleshooting mentioned above and we do recommend attempting this. 

This is not a known issue with our products. However, we are aware that customers, such as yourself, are experiencing these issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have marked this issues for the correct department to make them aware. 

Have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

MadmB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I just tried deleting the account, and then re-adding it.

so far, SoundTouch has been “taking care of that for me” for roughly 20 minutes.

Does SiriusXM ever work?

Hi MadmB, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the community! 

It shouldn't take that long to re-add the service. Try closing the app and trying again. 

Have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

teskor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Experienced the same issues here today. Error 6021, Sirius feed dropped(ing).

Community Manager

Hi Teskor, 

SiriusXM experienced an outage yesterday which impacted their services - is this issue still ongoing for you?

Kindest,

Andy B