Verecruz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Some iHeartRadio channels not coming in.

Just recently my Soundtouch family of products will not play certain iHeart channels. I know they are still on the air as I can get them to play directly on the iHeart app. The ST speakers will play static on 106.7 lite FM, then using the app I’ll “scan” to the next channel and it will work fine. If I try to go back I’ll just get static again. 

What gives?

Paul M

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Some iHeartRadio channels not coming in.

Hi Verecruz,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to stream all your iheartradio stations on your SoundTouch speakers and I would be happy to help with this.

Is it just the 106.7 channel that you are unable to play? or are there others that will also just give static?

Also, does the same thing happen on all your speakers, or is this specific to one speaker?

The first thing I would recommend you do is to restart the SoundTouch app and the device running it. Once it has rebooted, try playing the station again and see if we have the same response.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards, 

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Verecruz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Hello,

I did not intend to accept this as a solution. Restarting the app and speaker(s) did not correct the issue. I unplugged each system in the house (5 in total) and repowered them up after a minute and had the same issue. 

Selecting the preset channel produces static as does selecting the channel specifically through the app. I have tried a handful of other channels, both local and not, and have not been able to duplicate the problem. 

- Paul

Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting back to us! I am sorry that the above steps have not resolved the issue.

I would also recommend that you reset your router. This can be done by removing the power for 60 seconds and reconnecting.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Verecruz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

I’ve tried that as well. No improvement. I’ve conscripted friends who have checked that specific channel on SoondTouch and through the BoseMusic app and they confirm that it is happening to them as well. If you have the ability to listen to that channel on a speaker you have close by, I am certain that you too will see this same issue. 

Paul Medeiros

Highlighted

Thank you for updating us on this @Verecruz

As you have SoundTouch speakers, you will be able to directly add the URL for the radio stream onto the speaker. You can see exactly how to do this on this thread here

If you are still unable to add 106.7 lite FM and any other stations, please do let us know so we can assist you further with this.