Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Soudtouch 10 Speaker, Error messages 1005, 1008, 1046, 6405

My Bose Soundtouch 10 speakers have not been working for the last few weeks. When I try to play something, it gives me error masses 1005, 1008, 1046 and 6405 repeatedly. When I tried to update the app, the update process stops as soon as I hit "ok" on an update page. Can anyone help to fix this? Or is there anyway I can set up the speakers without Soudntouch app? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soudtouch 10 Speaker, Error messages 1005, 1008, 1046, 6405

Hey @jadair,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you've been having some issues streaming to your SoundTouch 10 speakers. I'd love to help with this so we can get you back up and running.

Is the Wi-Fi indicator still showing the speakers as connected? (Solid white LED)

If you're having trouble updating the SoundTouch app, have you tried deleting and reinstalling? This will ensure that the latest version is installed. 

If you're having trouble updating the speakers themselves, I'd recommend using the manual update method HERE

Once you have done this, please let me know the outcome.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hello

I deleted, downloaded and reinstalled the app to my computer. Then I tried to set up the speakers with new names, but the error message said "Can't Connect - Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to you Sound Touch account. Please try again later." Then I created a new account, and tried the same. I got the same error message. Then I updated the speaker manually with USB cable as you suggested, and tried to set up the speakers again. I received the exactly same error message. Please help : (

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey jadair,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like there could be a few different things going on. Let's start with the basics to take a deeper look at what's going on. Have you performed a quick reset on the systems in question? To do this, disconnect your internet router from power for at least two minutes. Additionally, also disconnect the SoundTouch 10 from power, and restart your computer. Then, reconnect the router back to power and allow to regain internet access fully. When the internet is operational once again, reconnect the SoundTouch 10 to power and re-launch the SoundTouch app.

If you still receive errors, are you able to provide screenshots or additional details as to where they appear specifically at certain stages of the app? 

Another great step is to factory reset the speaker if you're still having issues. Information can be found HERE on how to do this, under the heading "Restore factory settings". Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2020

It worked!! I reset the speakers, rebooted the internet router, and the app finally let me set up the speakers.

Thank you for your help!!