Sound Touch 10 no Sound Touch link

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sound Touch 10 no Sound Touch link

Hi

So bought a SoundTouch 10 speaker and the Wave Sound Touch IV wireless unit and Alexa Dot (gen 3). 

Alexa hooked into both so big tick in box

Had it all working together but then got an amber light on Sound Touch indicator on the Sound Touch 10 speaker

Have done factory reset twice (1 & -ve vol buttons), have done the wireless reset 4 times (2 & -ve vol button) with no joy

is this fixable? Or is it broken?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sound Touch 10 no Sound Touch link

Hello Gustfer, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I'm sorry to hear you have had issues with connectivity and usage. 

The amber light on the SoundTouch indicator suggests the preset you have selected is empty or system, source or station unavailable.

Can you please confirm if you were you using the Amazon Echo Dot via Bluetooth or with the Alexa Skill? 

Further to this, if you haven't already, please ensure you set the speaker back up to the Bose SoundTouch app after resetting.

I'll look forward to hearing from you, and if anyone has any further suggestions, please feel free to get involved in the conversation.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi Jeff

Thanks for getting back to me. Alexa is hooked up via the Skill.

Could you elaborate on “please ensure you set the speaker back up to the Bose SoundTouch app” please. 

How do you scroll through the preset, system, source or station. Think i’ve tried that using the remote control but is there a hot key type thing to get it available to the wave IV or Alexa?

regards

Angus

Silent Starter

So took a picture from Sound Touch app for the speaker, attached. I can switch to aux or Bluetooth using the source buttons but when i touch the sound touch button its grey (as per picture) is this normal. I get the same with the Wave IV but it plays stuff from Alexa no problem

AFAA9104-27FB-43C8-990E-56D7C4B18599.png

Hi Gustfer, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

In regards to your query, everything on the image you have sent looks fine and normal. 

if you press the arrow in the top left, you should get a box with 6 boxes inside in the top right of the screen. If you click on that, do you have any presets set? 

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Silent Starter

Hi Jessie

So the arrow top left just minimizes the window, there is a grid top right that brings up the presets, i have no presets. Couple more pictures, its says Gladys is ready to play but the speaker has the amber light on the sound touch indicator, I’m very confused as Alexa can control it but nothing comes out, its hooked up to our internet so seems as if the sound touch feature has failed to start?

regards

Angus

AAD29CCC-07B2-4FE9-BDAE-46111BA24D6F.png2686C013-3421-4EC8-A8F4-0E98204232B3.pngB827FCC5-0256-4D3A-B582-C87972EE8085.jpeg

Hello Gustfer, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Everything you have shown is perfectly normal for the speaker. You cannot group the speaker if there is nothing playing. You should choose a music source to begin playback first, then, attempt to group the speakers together. With regards to the amber LED on SoundTouch, this is because you do not have a source selected. Your presets are also empty so you will need to assign something to it.

Your sources (for example, TuneIn) should appear on the screen to the left after you press the arrow in the top left corner of screenshot 2. 

This webpage should help get you started with music services and presets.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G