mrmerz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Sound Touch 130 making high-pitched noise

For some reason, a loud high pitched squeal sound is coming out of my Bose system when using the satellite receiver.  I have a Blue Ray DVD and Apple TV also connected to the Bose, which does not have the high pitched sound.  I tried installing an optical cable from the satellite receiver to the Bose unit.  That fixed my audio problem, but the video signal went away.  I tried replacing the HDMI cable from the satellite receiver to the Bose system, but that didn't work.  I've put up with this several weeks in a row and it's making me nuts.  System is less than 3 years old and I've never had a problem with it.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sound Touch 130 making high-pitched noise

Hello mrmerz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with your SoundTouch 130 system. 

If you connect your CBL-SAT source to an alternative HDMI slot, do you still experience this?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

mrmerz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.  I moved the DVD cable to the CBL-SAT port.  DVD audio played great.  Guessing that means I have a problem with the DirecTV receiver?

Hello mrmerz,

It does seem so. To be sure, is it possible to connect this directly to the TV for testing purposes. Then you can be sure if the problem is with the DirecTV.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

mrmerz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Thanks for the reply Charlotte.  When you say, "connect this directly to the TV for testing purposes," do you mean connecting a HDMI cable from the CBL-SAT port on the Bose receiver to a HDMI port on the TV.  If I do that, I will not have a signal from the DirecTV receiver to the Bose unit.

Hello mrmerz,

Sorry if this was not clear! I meant could you please connect your DirecTV to your TV and bypass the SoundTouch 130 Control Console to see if the issue persists. You may need to change your TV sound settings to output through the internal speakers to test this.

I look forward to hearing to the outcome.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

mrmerz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I received a new DirecTV receiver and my issue is now resolved.  Thanks for your help on this.  Appreciate the fine support from Bose.

Hello mrmerz, 

I'm glad to hear that your issue is now resolved! 

If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out and we'll be happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G