Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Sound Touch 300 Distorted sound

Hi,

My soundtouch 300 speaker was working very well in the past 2 years, I recently have a distortion issue on my SoundTouch 300 Sound bar, even if I already updated my speaker to the new version (23.0.12) and also resetting it, the same thing happen, when some music plays heavy or low bass, there is a something like a broken speaker that it can't handle the bass it self, but my bass volume is 3rd level only haven't been into full bass as I also have an Acoustic mass. When both are paired I can really identify the distorted sound in sound touch 300 sound touch.

Please advice if should I go to a service center or should I wait for a new software update?

If go to service center the price is so high just only for service fee.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Sound Touch 300 Distorted sound

Hi @HaTeRs,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're experiencing with your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, regarding the distorted audio it seems to be producing - you're correct in thinking this should not be happening.

It seems like you've taken initiative and attempted the recommended standard troubleshooting such as updating the system and also attempting a reset. I'd like to ask, what are you watching when you experience the distortion in audio? Have you tried connecting to multiple devices and tested a variety of sources for streaming video/audio to see if it may only be happening with a certain source being watched?

If you're noticing the issue persists across all sources and another attempt resetting will not improve things, I'd strongly recommend contacting customer service for your region to discuss what can be done for you and the options you could take next. They'll be more than happy to assist you with the issue at hand.

Contact information can be found by going to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know how things get on for you!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi @Sam_F ,

Thank you for your response, here are my tests on my SoundTouch 300 Soundbar,

1. Playing music in Spotify (Using SoundTouch Button/Wifi). (Distorted-middle speaker)

2. Playing music in Apple Music (Bluetooth-iPhone). (Distorted-middle speaker)

3. Playing music/videos in Youtube (Bluetooth-iPhone). (Distorted-middle speaker)

4. Playing movie in Netflix (Bluetooth-iPhone). (Distorted-middle speaker)

Yes, I did reset the Soundbar again to test all sources above, the issue still happening. Will drop off my Soundbar to service center then as issue still persists.

I'm wondering why this issue happen for very short time for Bose quality, its about a year only Im using this Speaker. Bose only give 1 year of warranty for this expensive speaker. Now I need to pay the service fee for about SGD 250 upfront only to the service center. I expected this speaker quality will last longer, why thus this happen?

Anyway, thank you for your response.

Regards 

Highlighted

Hello HaTeRs,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Looking at the tests you have performed, I agree that the service center is the best place to take the soundbar. 

The issue you are having is not common and I have not heard of this happening before. Without seeing the soundbar itself, we would be unable to tell you what has happened. Once you have had the soundbar looked at and repaired, the team will be able to tell you what has happened to the speaker. 

I am sorry that we cannot help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.