Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Sound Touch 300- unreliable HDMI-CEC power on

I set my parents up with a Sound Touch 300 system on their Samsung 8000-series 4K TV.  I have a STB (Tivo) going into the Bose HDMI in, and the output of the Bose going to the Samsung's HDMI ARC input (HDMI 2). I also have a BD player on the TV on HDMI 1. The Samsung AnyNet (their name for HDMI-CEC is enabled) The audio return channel works fine for both sources, and the Bose ALWAYS turns off consistently when the TV is shut off.  However, it DOES NOT consistently turn on with the TV, leaving a INPUT MISSING error, which my elderly parents are having a real issue with. All they have to do is turn on the sound bar with it's remote, but I'm trying to make this simple for them.  One remote to turn on the TV and the Bose should come on automatically like it is supposed to.  But this isn't happening.  Maybe 25% of the time (usually after a long power off) it won't come on with the TV.  Auto Off is disabled on the Bose.  I think it's a Bose issue because the same would happen on their older Samsung TV.  Any ideas here?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Sound Touch 300- unreliable HDMI-CEC power on

Hey @bobzajko

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that your parents are experiencing difficulty with controlling the SoundTouch 300 system with their TV. I'd love to help simplify this to better their overall experience. 

It would be great if you could switch the HDMI-CEC setting to Alternate On by following these steps - 

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings, then select your system
  2. Select Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC
  3. Tap the circle next to the desired option to select it:
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Tap the X toward the top of the app to exit the menu

Let us know if the issue perists.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.