Re: Sound Touch version 21 update fails without any error message on Mac OS

Hi Scottomatic,

That's excellent to hear. I will absolutely mark this down for our development team and hope to see an improvement in the future. 

Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Scottomatic
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

BOSE PUSHES OUT ANOTHER UPDATE, THIS IS STILL BROKEN. DO YOU EVEN TEST YOUR F'N PRODUCTS?

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hi Scottomatic,

That's excellent to hear. I will absolutely mark this down for our development team and hope to see an improvement in the future. 

Have a wonderful day!

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

@Charlotte_G 

The concern being expressed by @Scottomatic is that the last few SoundTouch updates on the macOS platform require that the app be fully removed before installing the new version. Failing to do so results in the update not being installed properly and doesn’t work.

The problem should either be fixed or at the very least instructions to delete the old app first should be published.

Highlighted
Oscar Ventura
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Yes. I am having the exact same problem. The app crashes after entering the system password while updating. And yeah, I already uninstalled the app and restarted before installing again from the most recent file in your site... 3 times!

Hi Oscar Ventura, 

Thank you for taking the time to post 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the update. 

Make sure you fully uninstall the application in Finder > Applications > SoundTouch moving the App to the Trash will not delete all the settings. Once Complete, re-download the app from the LINK HERE

Let me know how you get on or if you are experiencing any other issues.

Kindest,

Jessie O 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Oscar Ventura, 

Thank you for taking the time to post 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the update. 

Make sure you fully uninstall the application in Finder > Applications > SoundTouch moving the App to the Trash will not delete all the settings. Once Complete, re-download the app from the LINK HERE

To keep this issue in perspective, the Apple TV app on my Samsung tv stopped working suddenly last week. This, after an initial uneventful install and a couple months of trouble free use. The solution was even more of a pain than this Bose macOS/ SoundTouch update. I had to perform a system update on the tv via USB followed by a factory reset of the tv. Needless to say there were some unhappy people including me, because all my tv prefs had to be reconfigured and the apps downloaded an reinstalled.

In short: these update issues aren’t limited to just Bose 

Oscar Ventura
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

It worked. Thanks Jessie!