Doreen1971
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

Sound is horrible

My SoundTouch 30 sound is rubbish.

I really don’t know how to describe it.

My daughter said the bass is blown??

I know it’s got to do with the bass and it’s -7 and still sounds rubbish.

it’s only just over a year old..

i play tunes from my Apple 12pro.

if I knew the sound would be rubbish I would have bought a different speaker but I’ve 2 Bose products and love them.

Really disappointed with it.

I’ve updated.

Has anyone experienced this?

Maybe should come with a warning on box watch out for the bass?

Im in the uk.

7 REPLIES 7
Liam_G

Re: Sound is horrible

Hello Doreen and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundtouch 30 system. I will do what I can to assist you. 

Apart from updating the speaker, have you done any other forms of troubleshooting? 

You mentioned that you play music from your phone, are you playing via Airplay or Bluetooth? 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Doreen1971
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

Sorry just saw your message.

Thank you for replying.

Bluetooth..

Vicky_W

@Doreen1971, thanks for confirming this for us. I would like to work with you to get this resolved. To do this, we need to try some other audio souces/ connections. Could you please go onto your Apple app store and download the SoundTouch app. After this, the app will talk you through how to pair your speaker with your app and allow you to play music though the built in music services within the app.Can you let me know if you still feel the audio is poor when doing this too?

I look forward to your reply. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Doreen1971
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

Thank you for replying,

Just tried .

Sound is just as bad..

My bass is -9.. and still sounds rubbish.

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this Doreen1971, 

As the issue persists I'd recommend that we explore the further troubleshooting steps that we have here. I'd also like to know if this is a new issue that you are having with the speaker or something you have always experienced? 

Can you please also let us know if you have recently purchased this speaker and if it was purchased second-hand?  

We look forward to your reply and assisting you further! 

Doreen1971
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2021

Hiya..

I purchased the speaker new..

My warranty has just ran out.

It was great until a few weeks back..

I wasn’t sure what was wrong as I’ve another Bose speaker and never had any problem with the sound quality.

I can play the same music and max volume and my other speaker is fine.

Just disappointed with the quality of this 1.

Tegan_M

Thank you very much for confirming this information for us. 

If this issue persists after performing the troubleshooting steps which Hector_B recommended, I would suggest you contact your local support to look into available service for your product. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website.

Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!