Highlighted
Everafter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Sound touch 10 disable auto off feature for aux

When connected to Bluetooth, the auto off feature has the ability to be disabled. Please add this ability for when the speaker is connected via aux cable. Any work arounds?? Please fix this issue!!
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Sound touch 10 disable auto off feature for aux

Hi, Everafter.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry that this feature is marring your enjoyment of your SoundTouch 10. The system powers down after it has not received an audio signal for twenty minutes. It may be that the reason for this is to comply with power consumption requirements somewhere in the world.

We're aware that this is a feature that some of our customers would like the ability to disable and, if it is something that we can change, we'd like to address it.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Everafter,

Here is an old (but still active) thread, which provides some advice on work-arounds: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/KEEP-SOUNDTOUCH-10-quot-ALWAYS-ON-quot/m-p/82156#M...

Note that it doesn't work for most people who have tried it.  After all this time, suggesting that the reason might be to comply with power consumption regulations somewhere (with no more specifics) seems like another excuse.  Since the option does exist in ST300, which is a bigger speaker (thus, likely far more power hungry than a ST10), I disagree with the moderator's assessment. 

Some guy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

@Everafter wrote:
When connected to Bluetooth, the auto off feature has the ability to be disabled.

How?
Everafter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

from a previous post. Hope this helps.

Re: Disable Auto-off

Hi Rp1330, 

I can confirm that after the last update Bluetooth auto-off has indeed been disabled for the SoundTouch 10. Let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can get to the crux of your issue. Are you pairing to the SoundTouch 10 via Bluetooth or using the Aux in? Can you try to power cycle your SoundTouch 10 and your Dot and re-test? 

Can you try to remove the SoundTouch 10 from the Dot's pairing list as well as clearing the paired devices from the SoundTouch 10?

To clear this from the Dot,  Open the Alexa app  and go to Menu > Settings > Echo > Bluetooth > Select the arrow to the right of your SoundTouch 10 > Forget Device

On the SoundTouch 10, 

1. Turn the system is on
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds
  3. The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, indicating that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can then be released

Once this is done please try to re-pair and re-test. 

Thank you 

Everafter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

Patrick, 

Thank you for your reply, but your response doesn't really make sense. Bose gave ability to disable auto-off for bluetooth, why not aux. Power consumption would be true for either option.  I haven't been able to add the Bose ST 10 to my Alexa system and therefore have been not used, sitting on the counter collecting dust. This needs to be addressed sooner than later.

Some guy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

My ST10 does auto sleep even in bluetooth mode, not after 20 minutes like on Aux, but after some hours.

Hello @Everafter and @Some guy

Thanks for reaching out today. 

I completely understand your feedback and have passed this feature request onto the team. The auto-off feature does expire when using Bluetooth but after a longer period of time. 

I am incredibly sorry for any inconvenience caused whilst this is looked at internally. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Some guy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

hear ye hear ye!

The newest version of the ST software gives the option to disable auto off. I did have to uninstall then re-install the sound touch app on my device to get the new software to install on the speaker but once it was installed the option to disable sleep is there and it works!

For my use of a simple computer speaker this changes the unit from useless to fine. Here are what it looks like

https://imgur.com/a/lsIrkpC