Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Sound touch SA-5

Hello, I have bought 3 sound touch SA-5 amplifiers.  Each with 2 sets of speakers. When I use tuneln radio or stream from my laptop. I am being disconnected, sometimes reconnected and sometime fully outa and music will not restart.  

Can you advise what to do. 

Thanks. 
Edwin 

happy New Year !

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Sound touch SA-5

Hi @Edwineckhardt,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any issues you've encountered with playback on your SA-5 systems - when did you start noticing this?

Do you have the three amplifiers grouped together for playback? Or are you noticing cut-outs on each system individually when playing music?

Finally, so I advise suitable troubleshooting, could you confirm - are your systems connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi Sam,

From the beginning I have this problem and keep on continuing. It its not always the same amplifier who got disconnected. Yes they are grouped together via WIFI.

Best,
Edwin
Highlighted

Hi @Edwineckhardt,

Thank you for clarifying the set up for me.

How far do you have each amplifier placed from the WiFi router? Do you notice that the further they are the more frequently they drop off the network?

Also, does your WiFi operate on two separate networks - one for 2.4G and one for 5G?

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi Sam,

20 cm for all 3 amplifiers.

Yes we have 2 networks 2.4 and 5, I believe we operate on 2.4. as this system is in my holiday home I cannot check now. For my understanding is there a difference between these 2 networks.

Highlighted

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for providing that information.

As the amplifiers are 20cm away from the router, they might be too close together. Slightly counterintuitively, having a wireless device too close to the router can have a negative effect on performance, so I would recommend either moving the router, or the amplifiers so they are slightly further away from each other.

If we are unable to do this, as we do have them so close together, you might want to consider using ethernet cables to connect the SA-5's to your router. This way it should be possible to avoid signal strength and interference issues with the connection.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Hi Keith,

What is the minimum distance you propose?

In case I connect with a cable I connect the router to each amplifier? So 3 amplifiers straight to the router? 

Regards,

Edwin

Highlighted

Hello Edwineckhardt, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We do recommend about 1ft distance between your product and the router. As for a cabled connection, you will want to have a cable connected to each of your SA-5's then plugged directly into the router. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M