Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Sound touch app connection problems

Hi. Have never managed to get SoundTouch app to work.  Thought it was because of old phone (5s) but have now upgraded to iPhone 7 and still can’t get beyond screen where asks for location permission. The app just does not progress. Have deleted app and reinstalled to no avail. Have restarted phone...no difference.  Have checked location settings on app and states “Ask”.  Tried logging into app in advance as well

Feeling frustrated as just cant get it to work

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: Sound touch app connection problems

One trap I've fallen into a few times before realising my error is that I have to disconnect from my phone's VPN before setting up the system. Otherwise it blocks all connections when it switches from my regular wi-fi network to the SoundTouch speaker's network, which it does as part of the setup routine. This may not be your issue, but just thought I'd mention it just in case.
Highlighted

Re: Sound touch app connection problems

Hi BoseyHugs, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm the software version that your device is running as well as if you have this issue across other devices in your household? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and appreciate @Sonic_the_racoon for the suggestion! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.