Highlighted

Re: Sound touch app will not play itunes

Thanks for providing that JC!

As you are on Windows, there are two things I would recommend checking to start with.

The first is where the iTunes library XML file is being stored on your computer. This is the file needed to link your library to the app and or the SoundTouch app to be able to find it, it does need to be stored in a particular folder on your computer. The location the file needs to be stored is C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes.  If yours is not stored there, you will need to find where it is located and move it.

You will also want to make sure that iTunes is allowing you to share access to this XML file as there is a setting in iTunes that can stop this. You will find this setting by opening iTunes and going to Preferences > Advanced, then check Share iTunes Library XML with other applications.

Once you have done both of these, then go back to the SoundTouch app to add the library!

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

Regarding the position of the library xml file, I take it that you’re assuming that my iTunes is located on c drive,but it isn’t. My iTunes is on an external hdd.

There is a library xml in the folder you said,but there is also one in my iTunes folder on the external drive.

ive redirected iTunes in the preferences/advanced tab and it is updating as I type.

I’ll give this a try and see what happens.I can always change it back again.

what puzzles me is the fact that it was working fine before your software update.

Every time there is an update ,I have problems.

I’ll get back to you when I see the results of the actions I’m taking at the moment..

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

I’ve finished the actions I described earlier 

itunes is working properly.

went into SoundTouch app and clicked add service.

clicked add music library on computer 

clicked my iTunes music library 

after a few seconds it said service added 

but iTunes does not show up in the list and if I click add service again both my iTunes music library and my Windows media player music library are both greyed out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Help re playing itunes library

I have just got a new computer so I have installed the desktop bose soundtouch app.  It is connecting to my itunes library - I can see all the tracks but when I click on an album to play it looks like it is going to play it but then the display on the speaker says "select a preset or explore music on the soundtouch app".

When I first click on an album to play it briefly flicks through the titles of the tracks on the computer display but then stays at ready to play with the display on the speaker saying "select a preset or explore music on the soundtouch app".  Can anybody help?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

Re: Help re playing itunes library

Mine was doing that ,that’s why I started this thread.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Did you ever get it sorted?

i have got it to add some of my iTunes library now but not all has been imported

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

NO, that’s why I’m trying to get answers here. Why not read the thread.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

is there anyone still trying to help with this?

the answers seem to have dried up.

more help would be appreciated 

Highlighted
Community Manager

JC, what operating system are you running? If you're using Mac and Catalina, please check this thread.

You note earlier about the music being on an external HDD, which will cause an issue, as the SoundTouch app is unable to retrieve the files from this location. It sounds like the XML and file locations may be causing issues with the inability to playback. I would double-check the XML and file locations as noted above by Keith. It's important to note that we recommend restarting the computer after re-building the library, and creating a new XML file that references the new files/locations. Additionally, be sure to run the "SoundTouch server" - this is an app that you will find running in your taskbar. Right-click it following making changes, and select "Sync".

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

I can’t see the location of the xml file being a problem as nothing has changed before the SoundTouch update and It was working fine before.

Ive tried the sync in the task bar and it’s made no difference.

The Music libraries are still greyed out and not available..