Sound touch discontinue

Audible Advocate

Sound touch discontinue

Hi, 

I know the ST speakers are discontinued, but I have a couple of questions.

1.  Will the ST speakers still work (and speak to each other for multi-room) after they aren't being supported anymore?

2.  Will there be a program to upgrade/trade-in to the current/upcoming speaker lineup?  

The reason I ask these questions is because I purchased multiple ST speakers and spent a lot of money (to me) on them.  If the answer is no for both of these questions I would feel screwed.

I am happy with the speakers at this point.

Thanks for your help.

John

5 REPLIES 5
Noisy Narrator

Re: Sound touch discontinue

@JJDynamite6 wrote:

Hi, 

1.  Will the ST speakers still work (and speak to each other for multi-room) after they aren't being supported anymore?

Bose has indicated continued support for the SoundTouch line.

Me too! I have no desire to make any changes with my speakers for some time.

Hello JJDynamite6, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

The SoundTouch line is not being discontinued. Although we may not release any new SoundTouch products, full support for the existing SoundTouch range will continue for the foreseeable future. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks for your reply, do you know anything about airplay 2 being added to soundtouch speakers?

Hi JJDynamite6, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

At this time we do not have any additional information to add. We will update the community when we have more information! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator

@JJDynamite6 wrote:

Hi, 

2.  Will there be a program to upgrade/trade-in to the current/upcoming speaker lineup?  

The reason I ask these questions is because I purchased multiple ST speakers and spent a lot of money (to me) on them.  If the answer is no for both of these questions I would feel screwed.

Thanks for your help.

John

@JJDynamite6 

There is no indication the SoundTouch line is being discontinued. In fact recent updates has seen additional streaming services like RadioPlayer added to the SoundTouch services lineup.  Other enhancements like custom URL tells me the SoundTouch line is alive and well. On the hardware side SoundTouch 300 bars are back on the store shelves as well.