Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Sound touch wireless link adapter and Home Speaker 500

The Bose website indicates that the SoundTouch Wireless Adapter works with “any Alexa enabled device”. So does it work with the Bose Home Speaker 500?

I called Bose and the tech said no, but I am confused now.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Sound touch wireless link adapter and Home Speaker 500

Hey @Ofkeefejr,

The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter will be compatible solely with Alexa devices - the Bose integration of Alexa doesn't operate in the same way.

As stated on the Bose website "Enjoy hands-free voice access to your music on SoundTouch speakers using any Alexa-enabled device—like the Amazon Echo Dot. Just open the Alexa app. Search for “Bose” under the Skills menu."

Therefore, you'll need to connect an Alexa device so you can link Alexa skills for Bose within your Alexa account. Do you have an Amazon Echo Dot device or any other Amazon Alexa devices in your home?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Re: Sound touch wireless link adapter and Home Speaker 500

I do have an echo, but then what would be the value of my Bose 500?

It would be helpful if Bose would develop a product very similar to the 500 that also has a built-in amplifier and speaker outputs.  I have Bose 301s and Bose 151s that I would be able to connect and save.

I can do what I want with my Sonos 1 but they require me to buy the Sonos Amp which is $649!  

unless you have a better solution, it looks like my best option is to Use my Sonos 1 and just buy two more of those and drop my Bose speakers altogether.